Contribute
Register

No audio on asrock z68 extrem4 (ALC 892)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I build my first Hackintosh on a Z68 Basis (Asrock z68 extreme 4, 8 GB RAM, Intel 2600) following the typical tonymac path. Everything works fine except sound. I tried all solutions posted in the forum (vodoo based, New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution- ALC8xxHDA) but the effect is always the same: i hear some sound overlaid with horrible noise. I use Mac OS 10.6.7 with Kernel 10.7.4.

Can anyone help?

THX

The number of replies implies, that asrock was no good choice in terms of building a mac.
I will change to Gigabyte then ...

Hm..maybe no one else has tried so far?

I got my Z68 Extreme 4 yesterday and will try to start as soon as possible. according to wiki there shouldn't be any issue with the codec (ALC892) used.

I'll post here again when done ;-)

Cheers
Maik

.. do that!! I also struggled with the lan-connection. Probably you find a solution. I was not able to ....

Good luck!!!!

someone in "IBoot + Multibeast Retail Builds" on wiki mentioned to have no issues with the onboard broadcom lan. there should be used the same chip on the asrock board :think:

Good luck on getting it to work. I struggled for about a year to get my AsRock x58 Extreme to work. Eventually, the board ended up borking itself to the point that it couldn't even POST. From what I read after the fact, opinions are split down the middle on AsRocks; they either work perfectly for people, or they are very troublesome. Take that for what you will.

Hi again,

last weekend i spend some time to get OSX installed. It is up and running now.
I didn't recognize the issues with the audio codec (Install ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + HDAEnabler for your specific codec - thx Tony).
Network is still missing ;-). The system is also not fine tuned, i.e. i don't know if sleep is working correct and i don't have any DSDT yet.

Maik

Hi Maik,

:clap:

better then me. I recently moved to Gigabyte z68-ud3h. Board is not that well equiped as ASROCK but everythings working fine...

I was able to enable the alc892 on this board using Voodoo HDA 0.2.72 from MB 3.7.1. After installing the Voodoo kext, I set the value of the VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix parameter to true in kext's plist and fixed permissions with Kext Utility. Without this 'Half Volume' fix, the sound was very quiet and noisy. Now it is great.

I have successfully installed SL 10.6.7 on this MB and i7 2600K.

Boot with iBoot Legacy 2.7.2, install 10.6.3, then combo update to 10.6.7, then 10.7.3 kernel with Bridge Helper. Then MB 3.7.1: System Utilites; kexts: FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManager, IOAHCIBlockStorage Injector; bootloader: Chimera v1.4.1 r877; Sound with VooDoo 0.2.72+half volume fix to make sound loud and clear;

Video (Gigabyte HD6670 1 GB DDR3) started to work fine with ATI 1.6.34.13 kexts from MB 3.7.1.

Could not find quick solution for onboard BCM57781 Ethernet chip and after few fails with binary patching of Apple drivers bought a cheap DLINK DGE-528T PCI adapter (H/W Ver B1, based on DLG10028C chip). Added its hardware ID (0x43001186) to the IOPCIPrimaryMatch section of the Info.plist of the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext (located in the Plugins folder of the IONetworkingFamily.kext package). Now this section looks like this:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x816810ec 0x813610ec 0x43001186</string>

Network appeared after reboot.

Sleep started to work after installing the Netkas' SleepEnabler for 10.6.7 and adding pmVersion=23 to kernel's flags.

Now my computer works at 4.2 GHz - very fast and without visible problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back