Contribute
Register

New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

If you're a beta tester, then I'm sure under an NDA about this particular version, but in general... Is a fix for the USB problems going to have to come in the form of a BIOS/UEFI update (eventually), or is it going to need to be something else, like a kext, for instance? I read in another thread somewhere here where a user was talking about working up a DSDT (even though they're not necessary) to try to tackle the problem.

I'm one of several hundred people testing various updates for gigabytes boards :thumbup:. And their primary concern is with Windows stability and compatibility not Hackintoshes :thumbdown:. Sadly any issues experienced under OS X by Gigabyte mobo owners are not a priority , But some of us testers do post our notes with regard to the experience running OS X to Gigabyte. :D

...their primary concern is with Windows stability and compatibility not Hackintoshes :thumbdown:. Sadly any issues experienced under OS X by Gigabyte mobo owners are not a priority...
That's too bad, although completely understandable. If they were to come up with the "perfect/flawless" board for Hackintosh they would certainly sell a bunch more units... Granted it may not be a very high percentage of their current sales numbers, but hey – more sales is more sales. ;)

Gigabyte is concerned with hackintosh compatibility and monitors this site. That is why their latest 7 Series boards are so hack friendly :thumbup:

So if you post issues on this site, they are seen by them.

Gigabyte is concerned with hackintosh compatibility and monitors this site. That is why their latest 7 Series boards are so hack friendly :thumbup:

So if you post issues on this site, they are seen by them.
That is some fantastic news to hear... Getting ready for a first build (having been a Mac user/semi-techie for many many years)... Parts are on the way.

Don't know if my results will be much different than any others with the common combination of UP5 TH / i7-3770 / GTX 670... We'll see. Maybe I'll (make sure to follow the guide/template and) post a report in "User Builds" when it's tuned up the best I can.

Don't know if my results will be much different than any others with the common combination of UP5 TH / i7-3770 / GTX 670... We'll see. Maybe I'll (make sure to follow the guide/template and) post a report in "User Builds" when it's tuned up the best I can.

Please do! I have the same setup, just waiting for that F10 release! Should be any day now...

Please do! I have the same setup, just waiting for that F10 release! Should be any day now...
Same here. I'm just hoping it's out before I'm done. This build is for my brother and he'll be taking it (far) away with him once it's ready. He's not really going to want to deal with it himself, and I'd really rather have my hands on it to check out any fixes that may result so I can give an accurate report.

BE AWARE.... I just updated my Z77X-UD5H to firmware version F14... and the system wouldn't shutdown properly. I reverted back to version F8, and everything is working fine again (relief). I also installed a GTX 660 TI around the same time, but I don't think that affected the shutdown problem. I believe the problem is with the F14 firmware.... perhaps others can test with their systems and verify?

-masterdrogo

Same problem here. Reverting to F8. If you find any solution please share.

I tried out the beta F11 for my Z77X-UP5 TH and there are hints of Thunderbolt hotplugging in the bios setup. However, it completely froze my system at book and i had to revert back to F9.

Same problem here. Reverting to F8. If you find any solution please share.

I had some funny issues with F14 as well, reverted to F8, flashed back to F14 and now the system is fine. Very odd and I have no idea as to why it's working now, but it wasn't working well the first time around...

I also tried F13 with no results, now on F8 everything is ok.
I noticed that everyone in here, with familiar setup, have higher geekbench scores.
Is it something i do wrong?
Bios settings maybe?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back