Contribute
Register

New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

So your system auto sleeps by itself (not using something like PleaseSleep)? .

yes

So your system auto sleeps by itself (not using something like PleaseSleep)? If you have a USB drive attached, to the USB2 and/or 3 ports, when it wakes are they still connected? If so, you're the first person i've heard of that has that working? I honestly doubt you have hotplugging of Thunderbolt ports working. It doesn't even work under Windows.

auto sleep > work if u put the display to sleep before the whole system ,,,, for the usb issues there is no issues if u dont overclock ur system (ram-cpu) >> and this issues even in real mac products so it should fix by apple ,,, and the thunderbolt it will fixed by gigabyte with new frimware for thunderbolt chipset ;)
and if u have GTX 660Ti just use Macpro 5 for system def and it will fix AGPM issues and FCPX rendering isseus ....
DSDT just for HDMI AUDIO :)

I just updated the bios on my ga-z77x-ud5h. I loaded previous settings and powerd off the system. When i turned it back on it wont boot again! The system was running tough. Nothing came up on the monitor, even the bios screen. Please help me.

( yes I'm a noob)

UPDATE: I did reset my bios, everything is ok now :)

Loaded win7, installed the updated UEFI Bios with @BIOS on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, cold started. Worked perfectly. Used Easytune and boosted my 3770K to 4.19 GHZ, cold started ML 10.8.1: Perfect! Mountain Lion runs this system better than Windows 7 . . .go figure. With the exception of hyper threading, the machine is perfect. The 3770K has 4 cores and hyper-threads 4 more. I've never had an OSX build that implements hyper-threading. If you want 8 cores or more then you have to pay the piper.

Thanks for the info on the BIOS. The board shipped with F4 and let me tell you, I had a devil of a time getting ANYTHING to work properly: Win7, OSX, Linux, all crapped out when I changed any setting that altered speed of the system.

FCP X and Final Cut Pro 3 render well on this rig. Probably have to wait for Intel Haswell next year before the Apple Gods make serious hardware and software changes.

First time users of this board should know that Gigabyte went from F4 to F9. If you use the bios setup utility in Windows and log onto any of the Gigabyte servers it DOES NOT SHOW the latest BIOS! Gigabyte seemingly has fixed their BIOS cycling problems.

Huh? Clearly we have very different experiences then, as I've been using @BIOS for years without any kind of problems at all. That said, if you're using OS X and don't have a dual boot system, you might as well use Q-Flash.
Besides, it's nigh on impossible to "brick" a Gigabyte motherboard thanks to the dual BIOS feature, so "people" are clearly wrong here.

I have to say that I don't understand what the big deal is about upgrading the BIOS/UEFI. It takes less than two minutes to do and unless there's a power cut, or you for some reason forced the wrong BIOS/UEFI to be installed, it's 99.9% impossible to cause any problems with the board. In my lifetime, I've only ever broken one system by flashing the BIOS and that was over 15 years ago and it was an odd Compaq system, so yeah, it's a pretty safe thing to do. Keep in mind that I've worked professional for various computer shops, Siemens-Nixdorf (when they were around) and as an IT journalist doing reviews of motherboards among many other things.

Perhaps we do have different experiences Swede :) , but then I do alot of beta bios testing . :thumbup:
You are correct though , it has become harder to truly brick Gigabyte boards for awhile , since they moved to dual bios implementations ( thank god :thumbup: ) , but my personal experiences with the @bios program under windows and beta bios testing has proved temperamental at times :banghead: , so I merely wished to aid some people to avoid any possible issues with updating of bios.
Personally I've never found bios updating nerve wracking at all ( but I use power backups too ), its a very easy thing these days. :mrgreen:

I Have a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and just updated from f4 to f9. Worked fine.. looking forward to testing some HD4000 compatibility and general stability

Hi JJR, I am a bit frustrated...I went from f3 to f9 and ended up coming back to f3. I assume my bios settings were wrong. Could you post some screen prints of your f9 bios settings please?

I use the HD4000 only and a thunderbolt display.

Thanks! :)

Gigabyte will be releasing the F10 version for the Z77X-UP5TH soon , just finished beta testing reports.
If you're a beta tester, then I'm sure under an NDA about this particular version, but in general... Is a fix for the USB problems going to have to come in the form of a BIOS/UEFI update (eventually), or is it going to need to be something else, like a kext, for instance? I read in another thread somewhere here where a user was talking about working up a DSDT (even though they're not necessary) to try to tackle the problem.

Well, FYI, we're actually talking to Gigabyte about most of the bigger issues we've come across with their boards and so far they've responded in a helpful manner, so we'll see what will come. Nothing is certain, as to them the key thing is to having boards that work well in Windows, as that's their main target market.

Well, FYI, we're actually talking to Gigabyte about most of the bigger issues we've come across with their boards and so far they've responded in a helpful manner, so we'll see what will come.
That's very good to hear.
Nothing is certain, as to them the key thing is to having boards that work well in Windows, as that's their main target market.
Absolutely no surprise in that at all. This Hackintosh market is so small, for one, and it deals with a bit of a grey area when it comes to catering to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back