Contribute
Register

New Player - Low Profile Intel DH61AG mini-ITX - G4 Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Player - Low Profile Intel DH61AG mini-ITX

Hi Neil,

Thanks for uploading the DSDT. I have made a few more mod.s to it and commented them. Those mods are in the HPET section and the WAK method which are classic mod.s that are often employed to help sleep and wake. I also did the change from SBRG to LPCB through the DSDT - that is perhaps just cosmetic but some feel it helps.

Usually being able to use native power management and then achieving sleep go hand in hand, so the aim may be first to try and enable booting without the nullcpupowermanagement.kext being needed.

Could you print out a list of all the kexts that are actually loading by typing kextstat into terminal and then attaching the output text to a post? To have powermanagement work there are a number of kexts that definitely need to load before you can even think about removing the null kext. One of those key kexts is AppleLPC.kext but I am sure there are others too that are important (it has been a little while since i went through this process!).

Anyway, give the attached DSDT a whirl and please do put up the list of loaded kexts as it might give a clue to the next step.

Edit 15/12/2011 (15 minutes later!) The DSDT below also adds the DSDT shutdown fix which means you should be able to get rid of the Revoboot kext and shut down without the system hanging. It is is also supposed to help achieving sleep. This is a good one to try, the method affected here is the _PTS method:

dsdt.aml 2.zip

Attachments

• dsdt.aml 2.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 194

I'm scratching my head as I try to configure this board. I've set up a new DH61AG build with UniBeast running Lion 10.7.2. I've tried both of the DSDT files posted above, but I get no sign of HD 3000 graphics or ALC892 audio support. In fact, I'm really not sure my Lion system is correctly loading the DSDT.aml file I have placed in my boot drive's /Extra folder.

I have attached my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and my smbios.plist as well as the output of kextstat. I've also placed a copy of the kernel.log from my latest boot at http://pastebin.com/vwHUhG1j in case there are any clues there. The DH61AG is loaded with the version 31 bios, which I believe is the latest.

At present, I get reliable boot into 1024x768 VESA graphics with no audio. The hnak ethernet kext must be loading because I have network and am presently posting from the new machine.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Rick

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    660 bytes · Views: 314
  • smbios.plist
    478 bytes · Views: 248
  • kextstat_20111215_01.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 170

minihack - I will pull a kextstat and post it later today upon returning home. And I look foreword to trying this revised DSDT.aml. I will need to clone my recovery path.

rickross - In your kextstat file I do see the AppleHDA and AppleHDAController being loaded so you are close to having sound (need to check the version numbers). However I do not see the AppleIntelHD3000Graphics kext (are you booting to a DVI or HDMI port?).

Again when I get home I will be able to compare the files.

neil

neilhart said:
minihack - I will pull a kextstat and post it later today upon returning home. And I look foreword to trying this revised DSDT.aml. I will need to clone my recovery path.

rickross - In your kextstat file I do see the AppleHDA and AppleHDAController being loaded so you are close to having sound (need to check the version numbers). However I do not see the AppleIntelHD3000Graphics kext (are you booting to a DVI or HDMI port?).

Again when I get home I will be able to compare the files.

neil

Thanks Neil,

I think that co-operation is a key to getting things as stable as possible. I won't pretend to have the right answers (DSDT editing is a black art) but I'd really like to try and help.

rickross - the attached files are from my machine this afternoon before introducing the DSDT.aml from minihack.

neil

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    638 bytes · Views: 222
  • smbios.plist
    478 bytes · Views: 278
  • kextstat-neil1.rtf
    8.7 KB · Views: 172

neilhart said:

neil, I was probably being a dufus, but I had understood that with the DSDT installed, the preferred option was to have "GraphicsEnabler=No" in my Boot.plist. After I changed it to "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" I am now able to get to the desired 1920*1200 resolution, but still no audio.

I'm pretty sure this isn't 100% accelerated. A number of OpenGL tests run successfully, but the watery ripple effect one normally sees when adding desktop widgets is not present, and the Apple Chess game pieces do not move so smoothly. These have been simple, useful tests for graphics acceleration on my other hacks.

I have a MacBook Air with an i5 and Intel HD 3000 graphics, and all these effects are absolutely smooth on it. Since this DH61AG is running faster and has more ram available, I think there may still be a DSDT or other configuration issue I need to resolve.

Do you get the watery ripple effect when you add desktop widgets on your build?

Rick

rickross - well I just saw the reason for your audio not working... Use Multibeast to install the 892 enabler. I have loaded this thing so many times, early on I must have installed this and did not recall until I saw it listed. see the attachment.

neil

Attachments

• Pasted Graphic.tiff
    60.5 KB · Views: 299

neilhart said:
rickross - well I just saw the reason for your audio not working... Use Multibeast to install the 892 enabler. I have loaded this thing so many times, early on I must have installed this and did not recall until I saw it listed. see the attachment.

neil

Nice catch, Neil = thanks! I wonder if we can get the DSDT patched to recognize all the various functions this board's ALC892 is really capable of? In any case, I definitely have SOME sound now, which is a big step in the right direction.

Best,
Rick

Rickross - good that your sound is up.

With minihack's dsdt.aml I was able to remove the EvOreboot kext and have shutdown actually shutdown.

I tried to remove nullpower... but that causes immecdiate KP on boot.

Maybe minihack will have suggestions on how to proceed.

neil

neilhart said:
Rickross - good that your sound is up.

With minihack's dsdt.aml I was able to remove the EvOreboot kext and have shutdown actually shutdown.

I tried to remove nullpower... but that causes immecdiate KP on boot.

Maybe minihack will have suggestions on how to proceed.

neil

Hi Neil,
My suggestion would first be to head over to Insanely and take a look at the speedstepper mod. This is needed by a lot of sandybridge boards to get powermanagement. Hopefully that, plus the DSDT mod.s will give a result - nothing is guaranteed in DSDT world but that does work for many.
Glad the _PTS mod worked. Your DSDT looked ideal for that one to function correctly. Nice to be able to reduce extra kexts.
Once we have tried speedstepper, another thing to do would be to use an Apple DSDT and ioreg output and compare those with your board. Often some better functionality coems from copying the apple arrangements. I'd be happy to compare my MBA ioreg and DSDT against the Intel and make a few suggestions when I get a bit of time.
All best,

PS Just as a heads up even on my MBA I do still get some mild display artefacts from time to time, so that aspect may genuinely be an Apple issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back