Contribute
Register

New Player - Low Profile Intel DH61AG mini-ITX - G4 Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Player - Low Profile Intel DH61AG mini-ITX

minihack said:
neilhart said:
Just a note that this motherboard is still a question mark.

I am experiencing random lockups which is reason alone to hold up on any plans or acquisitions.

I will post status as it changes.

neil

Hi Neil,

Are you running this purely on OSX or do you have a windows install that you can hook up and use it with to check out whether it is hardware related or purely OSX compatability?

Good luck.

I have made some progress. This system has been up without a fault for 14 hours now.

I do not have Win 7 as I have disassociated myself from MS as much as one can. Anyway I was going to bring up Ubuntu 11.4 to see if it was hardware or OS X causing the lockups.

But reading through the system logs, it appeared to be caused by a "graphics engine" hang up.

I upgraded the BIOS from version .23 to .31; installed a stock DSDT.aml; and HD3000 kexts from a current MBA (these are version 7.14.5 replacing the 7.12.9 that came with the install of 10.7 updated to 10.7.2). And will run this thing 24/7 until it breaks or for one week minimum.

neil

Edit: And I am running with GraphicsEnabler = No as it appears that HD3000 is supported without an enabler.

Neil,

Have you had any luck with sleep/wake?

I so far have tried sleepenabler.kext and pleasesleep app, but none of them provide full sleep/wake functionality.

I am currently running my rig to never sleep for now, and no apparent issues so far.

slowjin said:
Neil,

Have you had any luck with sleep/wake?

I so far have tried sleepenabler.kext and pleasesleep app, but none of them provide full sleep/wake functionality.

I am currently running my rig to never sleep for now, and no apparent issues so far.

The key to sleep is usually in DSDT mod.s - I might be wrong, but I think pretty much all boards that sleep properly under OSX have had their DSDT modded for power management and sleep/wake fixes.

Personally I don't like Sleepenabler.kext as it has never given proper functionality on my boards and needs to be upgraded with every OSX system update.

On a desktop I feel sleep is not quite as important as with a lappie,

I still like the look of this board - it seems very OSX friendly so far. Definitely watching it closely!!

miniHack, that's the major reason, IMHO, for a DSDT. (There are other reasons, of course.) As soon as we can get, mod, debug and publish a DSDT for this board, it will take off as a favorite.

beelzebozo said:
PM me a DSDT from your system and I'll take a look.

Hi beelzebozo, did you get the DSDT you requested? Please let me know if you still need one, and I will extract one from our DH61AG tomorrow after I ensure that it is updated with latest BIOS version.

Thanks,
Rick

rickross said:
beelzebozo said:

Hi beelzebozo, did you get the DSDT you requested? Please let me know if you still need one, and I will extract one from our DH61AG tomorrow after I ensure that it is updated with latest BIOS version.

Thanks,
Rick

Better still post it to the thread and let us all take a look!

minihack said:
rickross said:
beelzebozo said:

Thanks,
Rick

Better still post it to the thread and let us all take a look!

Beelzebozo supplied a second DSDT.aml for the board with the updated BIOS to version .31. I have had this running for about 32 hours now and the system is running without fault and clean logs. The power management is still not working correctly (means no sleep and no wake from sleep).

neil

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    34.2 KB · Views: 211

neilhart said:
Beelzebozo supplied a second DSDT.aml for the board with the updated BIOS to version .31. I have had this running for about 32 hours now and the system is running without fault and clean logs. The power management is still not working correctly (means no sleep and no wake from sleep).

neil
Thanks a million, Neil and beelzebozo! I will load this up this morning and see how it changes my new build?

Neil, what kexts do you still need to load specifically in your current config?

Rick

rickross said:
neilhart said:

neil
Thanks a million, Neil and beelzebozo! I will load this up this morning and see how it changes my new build?

Rick

The Lion that I am running is a product of a clean 10.7 install then upgraded to 10.7.2 using the combo update. The Multibeast 4.1.0 UserDSDT with System Utilities checked, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA roll back, FakeSMC Plugin-Motherboard Plugins, USB3.0, hnak's AppleIntelE1000E, and Mac mini. This gets the included version of Chimera as the boot loader.

I replaced the HD 3000 related kexts with those from a current model MBA. I am thinking that these are not necessary.

The big step toward stability was the DSDT.aml from beelzebozo.

I assume the new version of Multibeast and Chimera 1.7 will do as good.

And note the BIOS was at .23 has been updated to .31 from the Intel web site.

I run a DVI display and a HDMI display, both at 1920 x 1200 with full acceleration. On the DVI display I do see screen artifacts (these are soft and will go away usually). I am hoping that 10.7.3 will address these and they are common across many HD 3000 machines.

neil

neilhart said:
rickross said:
neilhart said:

neil

Rick

The Lion that I am running is a product of a clean 10.7 install then upgraded to 10.7.2 using the combo update. The Multibeast 4.1.0 UserDSDT with System Utilities checked, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA roll back, FakeSMC Plugin-Motherboard Plugins, USB3.0, hnak's AppleIntelE1000E, and Mac mini. This gets the included version of Chimera as the boot loader.

I replaced the HD 3000 related kexts with those from a current model MBA. I am thinking that these are not necessary.

The big step toward stability was the DSDT.aml from beelzebozo.

I assume the new version of Multibeast and Chimera 1.7 will do as good.

And note the BIOS was at .23 has been updated to .31 from the Intel web site.

I run a DVI display and a HDMI display, both at 1920 x 1200 with full acceleration. On the DVI display I do see screen artifacts (these are soft and will go away usually). I am hoping that 10.7.3 will address these and they are common across many HD 3000 machines.

neil

Hmm... in the BIOS can you decrease the Core Clock of the HD3000? Exp.: to 1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back