Status
Not open for further replies.
from time to time, not all the time, mostly the ebios errors

OK Loz, you were close when you got this screen:

Loz said:
ibootstartup2.png

and this

Loz said:
What I have tried was, a) click the iboot icon then entered the mac disc, that didn't work.

was not what you wanted to do. At this point, you want to remove the iBoot disc from the DVD tray and put the OS X install disc in instead. Let the DVD spin up and spin down and wait a few seconds more. Then hit F5 to refresh the screen - you should now see the Install disc icon and your hard drive named Mac. Use the left-right arrow keys to hi-light the install disc and hit enter. At the screen with the big black X on it, select the utilities button at the top of the screen, then disk utilities, then select your Mac hard dive and format it Mac OS X Extended (journaled). When it finishes, exit disk utility and click on the install button on the big black X screen.

If F5 doesn't refresh the screen so you see 2 icons, try one of the other function keys. It is differrent for different BIOSes.

Hi ya :)

well, that's the thing you see that I've been trying to explain all this time. I don't even get to the point of seeing the install icon

Those icons do show up in that pic.

I do take out the iBoot CD.

I do enter my Mac OSX Install Disc in.

I do wait for the Drive (CD Rom) to spin.

I do press F5. And all I get are ebios errors, which return me back (after about 10-15 lines of the same ebios error) to the main screen with the iboot icon missing.

I press F5 again while the install disc is in, same ebios errors again and again.

I never get to see an icon that says "Mac OS Install DVD".

Seriously, its not me, there's something else that is wrong here.

the same errors appear even on a stand alone PC. :(

OK, iBoot works fine and will boot to the chameleon selection screen, so the DVD-RW is working properly.
I see 2 possible causes for your problem.

1. A bad retail install disc. Recommendation: RMA for a new one.
2. You are attempting to install with a grey recovery disk from a MacBook or iMac. Which won't work. Recommendation: Purchase a retail install disc.

Hi again :)

Mine is a retail DVD. It's not some copied version online, I actually paid for it via the Apple store. :)

It took 4 weeks to arrive, kinda long time to wait, but hey...

The DVD works fine on my friends Mac. So there is nothing wrong with the Disc.

The Disc is white:

"Mac OS X Snow Leopard"

"Install DVD...
Version 10.6.3
2Z691-6634-A"

is what it says on the DVD/Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back