Contribute
Register

Need Suggestion for my first Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your looking for a good case then go with the Corsair 600T Graphite i have the White one it packs nice features and theres lots of IO on the front also a nice fan controller you can pump the fans up when exporting and rendering video its a nice case also got 4 USB ports on the front which i love! also in the buyers guide! :thumbup::headbang:

I am also a big fan of this case.
LOOOOOOOOVEEEEEE IT.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

But I'm using a corsair 200R. Which I broke one of the part when the 1st day I use it......:problem::problem::problem::problem::problem::problem::problem::problem:

Hey~Welcome to the forum~
I just built a Hackintosh myself.
As the questions you just mentioned:

1: If you wanna do some video editing and series work using your Hackintosh, I think it is better to have
a good graphic card, I am not a pro in this though, because I don't really do any video editing stuff.

2: Same as you , I use LAN cable to connect to internet, I didn't install any WIFI card in my machine, and it worked fine for me.

3: The motherboard I use is :Gigabyte H87-D3H. It worked fine for my build.
Just remember to disable Vt-d in the BIOS and set the hard drive to AHCI mode.
If I'm not wrong the motherboard gonna cost you 130+ US dollar. Go amazon cheek it out.
This motherboard is NOT a high end one. It doesn't support over clocking.

Good Luck!!!!!!

I already purchased the parts which are :

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram (8x4)
SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
HDD: Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm SATA Desktop HDD
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Standard 750W Gold 80+Gold PSU
DVD ROM: Asus Dual Layer DVD R/W
Casing: Thermaltake Chaser A31

I left out graphics card right now because i am running out of cash. But i am saving to buy a card by next 2-3 months or if by this month if i get any good paid project :thumbup: So can you suggest the bios setting for this or i can just follow the instruction given in tony's unibeast ???

I saw you are using GTX-660 and i had a question which no one answered - Is there any necessity for going for Gigabyte GV-N760 OC 2GB DDR5 or i can go for MSI N660 Gaming 2GD5/OC ( http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N660_Gaming_2GD5OC.html#hero-specification ) without any worries or compatible issues with mavericks or Yosemite in future because the price difference between these are around $120-$130 in my country.

installed everything properly, power seems ok, connected monitor through HDMI but no response. Not even getting to see the bios or gigabyte startup screen... What can be the problem????

[Update]

Fixed the problem, it was the issue from bios update as previously said by trs96 thanks man :headbang::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back