Contribute
Register

Need Suggestion for my first Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get into the bios on first boot up (you tap on the del key multiple times) then you
will see a menu to access the bios info. It's one of the f keys on your keyboard. Not sure
which one specifically for that board. Then look up that model of motherboard on the Gigabyte
website and see what the most current version is.

How to Update Your Gigabyte Motherboard's BIOS

If you're not getting into the bios at all to determine the version installed you'll know that it
doesn't support the 4790K and then the place you bought it from will need to flash the bios
for you. They should do that before selling to you but most stores don't.
GA-Z87X-UD5H_BIOS.JPG
F10c is the latest BIOS update for the mobo but its beta. i7 4970k works with F9, so if i see the bios version is F7 should i upgrade to F9 or F10c ???

View attachment 101951
F10c is the latest BIOS update for the mobo but its beta. i7 4970k works with F9, so if i see the bios version is F7 should i upgrade to F9 or F10c ???
F9. Never a good idea to update to a beta version unless you just want to help the board BIOS developer troubleshoot bugs. Beta BIOS is not an item you want for a stable system.

View attachment 101951

You can use either one, but if you don't feel comfortable with the beta bios just go with the F9.
You'll need to use efi flash so follow the directions for Option 3 Method 3 in the GigaByte bios
flashing guide. Let us know how it works out.

Hi friends its been a long time i have paused my build process due to heavy work load.

There is some changes in the parts:

>> Thermaltake Toughpower Standard 750W Gold 80+Gold PSU (instead of corsair cx 750w psu)

>> I have made a decision to go for any one of the two cases among Corsair Carbide 300R and Thermaltake Chaser A41, the two cases are Thermaltake Chaser A31 or Corsair Graphite 230T (Black),
coz i think these two have got good space for large gpu and good space for radiators and airflow. What do u all think??

I have a odd question in my curious mind at this moment that is, is there any necessity for going for Gigabyte GV-N760 OC 2GB DDR5 or i can go for MSI GTX-750 TI Twin Frozr 2GB/OC without any worries or compatible issues because the price difference between these two is $120-$130.

I won't be doing any gaming, i will be only using this machine for my photo and video editing works. As i have said earlier I will be using software's like Adobe PS CC 2014, Illustrator CC 2014, Final Cut Pro2, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Indesign, QuarkXpress, Adobe Dreamweaver etc.

I need your comments and suggestion friends :)

No one interested to answer ??:geek::eek::rolleyes:

if your looking for a good case then go with the Corsair 600T Graphite i have the White one it packs nice features and theres lots of IO on the front also a nice fan controller you can pump the fans up when exporting and rendering video its a nice case also got 4 USB ports on the front which i love! also in the buyers guide! :thumbup::headbang:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 600tw_heroa_glass_b_3.png
    600tw_heroa_glass_b_3.png
    532.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 600tw_side_open_a_2_1.png
    600tw_side_open_a_2_1.png
    783.8 KB · Views: 139
Hi friends i am going to complete my build today without the graphics card. so i am preparing for installing mavericks, i need to know what bios settings should i do to install the OS and also mention if any other changes needed during installation.

My final build parts list:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram (8x4)
SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
HDD: Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm SATA Desktop HDD
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Standard 750W Gold 80+Gold PSU
DVD ROM: Asus Dual Layer DVD R/W
Casing: Thermaltake Chaser A31

Hi friends i am going to complete my build today without the graphics card. so i am preparing for installing mavericks, i need to know what bios settings should i do to install the OS and also mention if any other changes needed during installation.

My final build parts list:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram (8x4)
SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
HDD: Toshiba 2ake Chaser A31

If you're installing with the graphics card in place you can follow this guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...i7-4770k-gtx-660-mavericks-windows-8-1-a.html

If you do the install with integrated graphics it's slightly different. Use search to learn more.

Also, open a new thread in Installation → Mavericks Desktop support if you need any more
assistance with the install. Thanks.

If you're installing with the graphics card in place you can follow this guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...i7-4770k-gtx-660-mavericks-windows-8-1-a.html

If you do the install with integrated graphics it's slightly different. Use search to learn more.

Also, open a new thread in Installation → Mavericks Desktop support if you need any more
assistance with the install. Thanks.

Thanks trs96, yes i am going to install without graphics card...i am searching threads who installed without graphics card but its hard to find.

Hello friends I am going to build my 1st Hackintosh for photo editing, video editing and graphics designing work.

I will be using software's like Adobe PS CC 2014, Illustrator CC 2014, Final Cut Pro2, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Indesign, QuarkXpress, Adobe Dreamweaver etc.

Here is what i decided for my CustoMac Pro:

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K
Gigabyte GV-N760 OC 2GB Graphics Card
Transcend 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram (8x2) (will expand to 32GB DDR3 1600Mhz later)
Corsair 256GB SSD
Toshiba 2TB SATA Desktop HDD
Corsair 750W Gaming Power Supply
Asus Dual Layer DVD R/W
Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-l casing

My questions :

1)Is there a necessity of graphics card as in the Buyers guide july 2014 for CustoMac Pro it is stated that graphics card is optional. Can anyone suggest me on this??

2)is there any necessity of TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter? because i prefer to use LAN only.

3)Is there any suggestions for MoBo cheaper than Z87X-UD3H which can used hassle free for CustoMac Pro ?

Thanks
macbangla

Hey~Welcome to the forum~
I just built a Hackintosh myself.
As the questions you just mentioned:

1: If you wanna do some video editing and series work using your Hackintosh, I think it is better to have
a good graphic card, I am not a pro in this though, because I don't really do any video editing stuff.

2: Same as you , I use LAN cable to connect to internet, I didn't install any WIFI card in my machine, and it worked fine for me.

3: The motherboard I use is :Gigabyte H87-D3H. It worked fine for my build.
Just remember to disable Vt-d in the BIOS and set the hard drive to AHCI mode.
If I'm not wrong the motherboard gonna cost you 130+ US dollar. Go amazon cheek it out.
This motherboard is NOT a high end one. It doesn't support over clocking.

Good Luck!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back