Contribute
Register

Need Help! Ready to give up on my Hacintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
Intel i7-3930K LGA2011 6 Core processor
Graphics
Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX670 Over Clocked edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After weeks and weeks of frustration I'm about ready to call it quits and sell my parts on Ebay.
My build is the exact same build as MKBHD hackintosh video on Youtube which is also Michail's Video Editing Pro on this site. My parts are listed on my profile page. I've followed Mikhails instructions to the letter but cannot get ML to boot normally on the HD. I need to know exactly what to do when it comes to Multibeast 5.5.5 to get my machine working properly. I have Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and the latest Multibeast 5.5.5

After weeks and weeks of frustration I'm about ready to call it quits and sell my parts on Ebay.
My build is the exact same build as MKBHD hackintosh video on Youtube which is also Michail's Video Editing Pro on this site. My parts are listed on my profile page. I've followed Mikhails instructions to the letter but cannot get ML to boot normally on the HD. I need to know exactly what to do when it comes to Multibeast 5.5.5 to get my machine working properly. I have Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and the latest Multibeast 5.5.5
Why are you using outdated software? I would format your hard drive and start over using the 10.9 and the updated multibeast.

PS dont give up! The satisfaction when you are done will be worth it.

Tried your suggestions but no good for my hardware and ML. Would like to stick withML 10.8.5. Looking for someone to help with the settings for this setup

I like Mountain Lion that's why

Thanks guys, fixed that mistake.:silent:

Why are you using outdated software? I would format your hard drive and start over using the 10.9 and the updated multibeast.

PS dont give up! The satisfaction when you are done will be worth it.

^This.
Simplest route is the best route. The least amount of problems will be found in the latest software and a clean drive.

I'm hoping I can still find someone on this forum that can help me figure out the exact Multibeast settings and kexts for this build and ML 10.8.5. I've tried several others here with the same setup (i.e Mikhails editing Pro hacintosh) or very close (different brand SSD'S) to it but have not been able to boot off the SSD without putting in boot flags i.e GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1 -v -x. I failed to mention that the others that had similar builds where using an older version of ML. I've added the Voodoo kext as well to get rid of the cpus=1 flag but still getting boot errors. I updated to 10.9 Mavericks today and downloaded the latest unibeast and Multibeast so looking for some help from anyone using Mavericks with same or similar parts build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back