Contribute
Register

Need Help! Ready to give up on my Hacintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finally done it!!!!! Thank God!!!! Success!!! :headbang:

After weeks of frustration and many hours trying to learn all this new hackintosh stuff, I've finally been able to figure out what to do right and get my hack to boot from the hard drive without any faults. I was going bonkers:crazy: trying to figure out the right combination of settings to use to get my computer up and running. I've now achieved that.

Nice work Nitroheli !

Now you've found out why we generally don't recommend X79 builds for beginners, there's too
much of a frustration factor that makes many give up before succeeding. Hope you have many
years of enjoying your new computer.

Yes, ha ha! This is true. I think many hackintosh builders strive for perfection. To get their machines working smoothly to their full potential. I'll now work on the little things to achive this same goal, at least now I have a working computer and that's what matters most.

Thanks Stehor, I'll be sure to make a back up. Do you have a preference for a back up program?

yes i have always used disk utility its free and always works makes perfect clones just install chimera stand alone installer it should be bootable

Hey can you post what you did to fix your problem? I'm having the same exact problem as you are with the x79 board etc..also I'm new to this too..

can't boot up without the usb, and sound doesn't work.

Did you get it working on mountain lion or did you upgrade to mavricks?

I should make a new thread for this but I'll just continue to use this one. Your post says supported gfx cards is up to 770... my graphics card is: 03g-p4-2784-kr gtx780 3gd5

Does that mean it wont work or is it fine?

the gtx780 needs flag nvda_drv=1 it maybe supported in 10.9.2 don't know for sure

anamvar, I have screen shot's of my Multi Beast and Chameleon settings that got my system up and running but I don't know how to convert them to thumbnails so I can post them. Sorry I'm to new at this. when I get time I'll reply with what I selected. Stehor if you read this can you help with thumbnail attachments?

if u want to upload pics and attachments under reply to thread or under post or guide u will see manage attachments click on that select top brouse files top one select desktop add it then upload it it may take 10 secs depending on size then keep doing that till done. hit close this window tab. when done submit reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back