Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just downloaded both and they opened fine...

Hi SJ_UnderWater... excellent app! Works great on both of my machines (MBP4.1 and MBP8.1). I would like to contribute in adding more theme settings (cause the colors you choose are harsh for my eyes) 8)

When will the code be available for public in http://sourceforge.net/p/maciasl/code ?

Thanks and congratulations again

Since no bugs were reported during this last (Lion-inclusive) shorter beta period, MaciASL has moved to first release, v1.1, now available on SourceForge. Please continue to report bugs expeditiously.

the two themes were taken from Xcode. there may be a theme manager in the future, but other features take priority.

Since no bugs were reported during this last (Lion-inclusive) shorter beta period, MaciASL has moved to first release, v1.1, now available on SourceForge. Please continue to report bugs expeditiously.

If is possible, pleae update the iASL 5 compiler to the newest 20130214 version.
I asked RM if this can break / alter his patches and he says no problem (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...robook-4x30s-using-maciasl-10.html#post551487).

Thanks in advance!

in fact I believe RehabMan was saying both of the then-included compilers worked, not that any future one would. Regardless, I have updated iasl5 to 20130214, use the updater.

I have been asked before, but one of the major reasons for making MaciASL in the first place was to lower the DSDT-edit barriers for most users. The packagers/maintainers who would generate lots of DSDTs, or automate an opaque process should (in my opinion), focus on creating and maintaining patch repositories users can access with the app. Patches are not only more flexible regarding BIOS updates, but also let users see what is going on and allows easy modification. Using repositories makes it clear who is responsible for the patch, and roughly what each will do. The paternalism of an automated command line process keeps users ignorant of what is necessary to get their systems working. I would prefer it if hackintoshers needing heavily-edited DSDTs were at least aware of that fact.
As always, anyone can create a prepared-DSDT repository using the AppleScript bindings for batch-processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back