Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi SJ_UnderWater, first of all thank you so much for this native IDE. Second, I've tried generating the SSDT with it and I've noticed a couple of differences with the one I created using RevoGirl's script.

In the first step (16 for my 2600k) there's a difference in the power values:
RevoGirl's = 0x5C0B = 23563
Yours = 0x0000B816 = 47126

The rest of the steps are almost identical.
TDP: 95
Freq: 3400
Turbo: 4500

thank you for finding this, I should have started work in Grapher from the beginning. Turning the ternary operator (true/false) from the script into a mathematical expression isn't easy, but I didn't consider values <1600 or >2*cpufrequency. The internal expression will be updated in the next beta, but in the meantime use the repo's updated SSDT generator.

Formula
L7C3AET.png

(where "x" is the current frequency reduced 100MHz at a time)

Hey guys, I am havinga weird problem in Mountain Lion. Maciasl jsut stopped working! Out of nowhere, OSX says its either damaged or Incomplete. The download completed properly. Now I uninstalled this and reinstalled it by downloading again and again, cleant my caches/prefs and still nothing. I can't edit my dsdt now. please help me.

the beta expired, I will be posting the new beta later today

Third beta now up (#223), running until February 8th. This adds:
  • Basic Clover support, but imperfect
  • Compiler now changes directories for simpler DefinitionBlock declaration
  • Dynamically populated New from ACPI menu (necessary for Clover)
  • Previous Versions/Autosaving/etc has been turned back on
  • Some more memory/patch speed improvements
  • "code_regex ." now automatically evaluates to true, but any remove/replace behavior is undefined
  • Short-circuit improvements in the tree
  • Default SSDT powerslope now corrected
  • SSDT powerslope evaluation failure warning
  • New version of iasl5
  • Lazier repos now populate asynchronously (slow servers may not respond for a few seconds)
  • Pre-compilation of regular expressions during patch parse
  • Prefetch all ACPI tables at launch
  • Slightly better pre-edited table checking
A few notes about Previous Versions/Autosaving:
  • Previous Versions, Duplicate, etc all depend on autosaving
  • Autosaving style depends on the type of document: any unsaved AML documents will force-compile for autosaving purposes, until the file is deliberately saved. All other AML autosaves will not force-compile, and complain if there were compilation errors, to prevent saving corrupt/broken AML to the filesystem.
  • Some documents may be "locked" either because of insufficient permissions, or the automatic locking determined by the Time Machine preference panel. No locked documents may be patched until they are unlocked (or duplicated, moved, etc).
  • The filetype can always be specified with Save As

Great tool.
Many thanks for all your efforts.

Feedback regarding tool behavior on beta expiration: very badly handled.
I have never seen an app or tool "die" in such a way on expiration.
I spent an hour yesterday debugging/googling/cleaning my system when this App would just not start.
There's no error message or pop-up of any kind.
Console for showing error:
Code:
25/01/2013 20:14:05.415 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[132]: ([0x0-0x28028].net.sourceforge.MaciASL[234]) Job failed to exec(3). Setting up event to tell us when to try again: 2: No such file or directory
25/01/2013 20:14:05.415 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[132]: ([0x0-0x28028].net.sourceforge.MaciASL[234]) Job failed to exec(3) for weird reason: 2
On further debugging, I noticed that the files under the App's Content->MacOS were self deleting on first run after download !
I really thought I had a major corruption of the OS. Did many restarts and shutdowns.
Then I came back to this post and noticed that someone else had the same WEIRD issue.

I'd like to make a suggestions please: when the beta expires, please put up a pop-up box stating just that and gracefully exit the App. That way, we we know that the App has expired and not faulty and waste time to figure out what went wrong.

the expiration date is clearly mentioned ("running until..." ?) on the post announcing the newest version and updated on the front. All betas expire, you should know the expiration date before you even click the download link.

the expiration date is clearly mentioned ("running until..." ?) on the post announcing the newest version and updated on the front. All betas expire, you should know the expiration date before you even click the download link.

macnb is not talking about the "time bomb" itself - we all are aware of its presence. He's talking about the way it "goes off". Frankly, a simple nag screen will be quite enough. Don't get this wrong, the program is really great, but this kind of program behaviour is really kind of strange.

Fourth beta now up (#224), running until February 8th, this fixes:
  • Rare issue where a single patch with multiple changes causes invalid ranges during offset correction
  • SSDT CPU numbering changed to a single hexadecimal digit to fix compilation errors (comments welcome)
  • Compiler summary now responds to arrow keys and other selection methods
  • Toolbar layout saving

macnb is not talking about the "time bomb" itself - we all are aware of its presence. He's talking about the way it "goes off". Frankly, a simple nag screen will be quite enough. Don't get this wrong, the program is really great, but this kind of program behaviour is really kind of strange.
Precisley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back