Contribute
Register

My Installation with ASUS P7P55D and ATI HD 4890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirius199 said:
By the way, do I have to download the tonymacx86-P55BootCD-ASUS in order to achieve the install?

Thanks

i used this one and it worked, though i needed to boot in safemode (-x)

Thanks for the answer,

if I use an ATI Radeon HD 4350 I guess I don't have to boot in safe mode?

Thanks again guys

Sirius199 said:
Thanks for the answer,

if I use an ATI Radeon HD 4350 I guess I don't have to boot in safe mode?

Thanks again guys

just try, and if it fails boot in safe mode, as far as i can tell installing with safe mode does not have any negative effect aside of getting to the installer-screen takes a bit longer

hey thanks for the advice,

I'm gonna to take the plunge tomorrow and finally try an install

By the way when you arrive at the dsdt stage, since I have a p7p55d wich one have you chosen since there's only the evo, Le and pro model for choice ? Are they the same ?? Thanks again

Just wanted to know,

do you have an extended desktop with your HD 4890 ?

Thanks

I'm trying to install but I have problems when I arrive at the error message. I can't remove the dvd from my Pioneer 218. I have to close the computer in order to be able to put the
tonymacx86-P55BootCD (asus version) back. Afterward I do as written and it stops without being able to come back in the mac environment.

Could someone tell me exactly what I have to do when I put back the tonymac CD ? It seems I have 2 choices...

Thanks to all

My set-up :

i7 860
asus pcie rad eah4350 512 mb silent
2.5 sata 80gb intel solid state drive
western digital 300 g raptor
Asus p7p55d
Pioneer 218 sata dvd
corsair 1600 mhz ddr3 dominator 8go

I've read that my 8g memory could have something to do. Is there anyone who could tell me what I have to do about this ?

Thanks again

It almost worked by removing 4 go of memory. I see everything.

The problems I have now...

1. when I'm at the 10th point in step 2 I write the command afterwards it writes this : sudo: rm/ Volumes/SnowLeopard/boot : command not found

Is it normal ?

2.when I try to drag the boot file from tonymac disk it says that boot can't be replaced cause it is invisible

3. when I try to put the extra file from tony mac disk it says it can't replaced the one already in place cause I don't have permission to access some of the items

4. The allow user to administer this computer box is not accessible (written in grey)

Hope someone will be able to help me with those things. I'm really near.

Thanks to all the people who share their experiences here. Hope That mine will help some of you.

Regards

1. when I'm at the 10th point in step 2 I write the command afterwards it writes this : sudo: rm/ Volumes/SnowLeopard/boot : command not found

Is it normal ?

2.when I try to drag the boot file from tonymac disk it says that boot can't be replaced cause it is invisible

I'd just install the new PC-EFI 10.6 instead. Here's a link- http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/
You won't have to replace the boot file. I'm in the process of changing the files so that this step will be unneccessary :thumbup:

3. when I try to put the extra file from tony mac disk it says it can't replaced the one already in place cause I don't have permission to access some of the items

4. The allow user to administer this computer box is not accessible (written in grey)

Since you're the only user, you're the only administrator, and you can't disallow yourself. :)

Thanks Tony for your quick answer.

since I'm the only person using this computer is it normal that I don't have access to some files and it says that I can't open them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back