Contribute
Register

My Installation with ASUS P7P55D and ATI HD 4890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirius199 said:
Thanks Tony for your quick answer.

since I'm the only person using this computer is it normal that I don't have access to some files and it says that I can't open them?

Some files are hidden or locked- OS X is a permission-based Unix OS which has different folder types than you may be used to on Windows. All folders have a permission structure and user structure. Check Wikipedia for OS X info. But yes- to answer your question, it's normal, but if you right click on any file/folder and choose get info, you'll be able to see some permission changing functions. :D

Thanks Tony for your help. Just to know after that I installed the PC-EFI 10.6 , I just have to go on with the 10.6.2 file that I can download on the apple site ?

Regards

After you install PC-EFI 10.6, make sure you get the other files (/Extra, DSDT) in your root / as shown in the guide. The only difference is that you'll not replace the boot file, making life easier. Then update using the 10.6.2 Combo Updater and reboot.

Hi Tony,

With the other pc-efi from the tony disk I tried before, when I was about to change the /extra file it says it can't replaced the one already in place cause I don't have permission to access some of the items. Do you know what this thing is about ?

And for the dsdt, in the data base it says for the p7p55d only cmos. Could you tell me what it means ?
Thanks again Tony I know that I'm almost there

Sirius199 said:
Hi Tony,

With the other pc-efi from the tony disk I tried before, when I was about to change the /extra file it says it can't replaced the one already in place cause I don't have permission to access some of the items. Do you know what this thing is about ?

And for the dsdt, in the data base it says for the p7p55d only cmos. Could you tell me what it means ?
Thanks again Tony I know that I'm almost there

OPTION A:
Download ShowAllFiles
Manually hunt for and delete the files in the Snow Leopard drive.

OPTION B:
Or, you could test my new multi-installer:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=286

Just run this, check Chameleon RC4, and it will automatically install everything for you. You may want to worry about editing your DSDT later after the install has finished.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back