Contribute
Register

My experience with Gigabyte's beta UEFI on Z68 and how to flash back to BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the simplest and safest way to flash back to Award Bios.

Make a bootable Fat32 USB drive . The link to make one is from here >
http://www.computerforums.org/forums...le-212383.html

Download Efi2awd utility (From TweakTown ) and Gigabyte Hybrid EFI bios from Gigabyte website .

Extract Efi2awd utility and extract the Bios file onto 3 files.

Now put the Efi2awd executable file and the bios file onto this bootable USB flash drive ( leave out the autoexec and flash files)

Reboot your computer, hit F12 to boot from this USB bootable flash drive.

Windows 98 will flash and arrive a C command prompt.

At the command prompt, type dir/w to list the files name.

Type the : "Executable file name"space "Bios file Name" without the quote and hit enter.

It takes less than two minutes to flash and you are all done.

Now you can do a Q-Flash for Gigabyte motherboard to make your Dual Bios the same version.

SpeedSteps does not work with UEFI bios. I was only getting 16X and 34X on my i7 2600K. I couldn't get up to 42X with Overclocking so i ended up going back to F12 .
I did not try setting O'clocking of one core to a different value.
Sleep / Wake doesn't work with UEFI bios.

Hint...

As You know NullCPUPowerManagement.kext isn't need with UEFI-Bios.
Before You do a Back-Port to normal Bios be sure to put it into EE or SLE.

My System..

- Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3_v1.3
- Intel IvyBridge i7-3770K
- NoName RAM 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- GigaByte ATI Radeon HD 5770
- HD1 500GB, HD2 500GB , HD3 160GB
- WLAN, BlueTooth and Keyspan Remote for Front Raw
- Firewire 400/800 PCIe- Adapter
- Frontpanel with CardReader, USB, SATA and Firewire
- Serial-Port ;-)

- Mini-NT with Ghost, Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Mini-Linux with Parted Magic on HD3
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on HD1
- Clones from Mac OS X 10.6.8 and OS X 10.8.1 on HD2
- Gost-Image from Windows 7 on Mini-NT and ddgzip-Image from Ubuntu on Mini-Linux

And before comes Questions...

Yes - Snow Leopard runs on IvyBridge.
So You can run e.g. AppleWorks and Front RAW.

Article: My experience with Gigabyte's beta UEFI on Z68 and how to flash back to BIOS

How do you test speedstep?

I asked the forum and they said it was working. I used MBRdumper or something?

Article: My experience with Gigabyte's beta UEFI on Z68 and how to flash back to BIOS

Hmmmm. Only seeing 16x

Are you on Sandybridge? Then you missed out to install the proper SSDT with Multibeast. Thats why you are stuck at the low step.

I just found out Sleep / Wake actually works on UEFI Bios.:clap:

Thank you very much for this article. It worked perfectly for my gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3. The UEFI would not see my usb flash drive so I could not reflash thru dos/fat32. UEFI definately had a very fast bootup paired with gen III ssd. My main problem with the UEFI, as best as I could tell, is that once win 7 x64 was reinstalled, I could not remove the generic USB HUB drivers, it flat refused to see the complete intel inf install. I tried all sorts or troubleshooting to no avail.

Thank you very much for this article. It worked perfectly for my gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3. The UEFI would not see my usb flash drive so I could not reflash thru dos/fat32. UEFI definately had a very fast bootup paired with gen III ssd. My main problem with the UEFI, as best as I could tell, is that once win 7 x64 was reinstalled, I could not remove the generic USB HUB drivers, it flat refused to see the complete intel inf install. I tried all sorts or troubleshooting to no avail.

You create a bootable fat32 usb drive , link from here :
http://www.computerforums.org/forums/computer-software-articles/how-make-usb-thumb-drive-bootable-212383.html

Download UEFI utility from gigabyte and extract the three files onto this USB drive.

Reboot from this drive and it will flash automatically.

I followed these instructions and it worked perfectly. I was not happy at all with the UEIF bios on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 1.3 board. The UEIF BIOS flat-out hung almost every time I tried to select a boot drive with the F12 option and even entering the BIOS was iffy most of the time as well. I had everything set to stock speeds....it was the weirdest thing. Windows would boot just fine but not being able to choose my MAC HD....I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back