Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all so I'm gonna share with you my full guide to getting 10.6.8 on your MSI P67 hackintosh. As far as I know everything is working INCLUDING Final Cut Pro X which would not work in 10.6.7

My setup - MSI-P67A-GD53 / Intel Core i5-2500K / 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM / eVGA 9800GTX+ / Rosewill 600W PSU /

NOTE - High probability steps may be different for different video cards!

1. Boot from iBoot Legacy Disc with only 4GB of RAM ( If you have 2x4G just eject one )
2. When iBoot screen appears, eject the iboot disc and insert Snow Leopard retail dvd.
3. Press F5 and wait for the iBoot option to change to the Mac Install DVD then select it.
4. Go through the installation, make sure you format your OS drive to Mac OS Journaled
5. When its done it'll reboot, after the screen goes black, eject the DVD & insert iBoot Legacy again.
6. This time at the menu choose the option thats the name of whatever you named your OS drive, for me I named it "Snow Leopard"
7. It should boot up, once in, insert a USB stick with the 10.6.7 combo update, the P8P67 Installer Package, and the latest MultiBeast. Copy the 3 to the desktop.
8. Open Multibeast and then minimize it. Now run the 10.6.7 Combo Update, it will say it has to restart after, just click continue and when its done don't click "Restart".
9. Open the P8P67 Installer Package, run it the same as the 10.6.7 Combo Update. When its done it will also prompt for a restart, don't do it. Now open your minimized Multibeast, if it closed - no worries just re open it. Now select

EasyBeast Install
System Utilities - ALL
-
Drives & Bootloaders
--Kexts & Enablers
----Audio
------Realtek ALC8XX
--------Select ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA RollBack
------Now open Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
---------Select ALC892
Skip Universal / Disk / Graphics
----Open Network & Select Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
----Open Bootloaders & Select Chimera v1.XXXXX
----Open Customization
-------Open Boot Options & Select 64-bit Apple Boot Screen

Thats it, let it run and when its done, click ok and select Restart.

Now eject the iboot cd while your system is rebooting, if all went correctly it should boot right up into 10.6.7 64bit mode everything working besides maybe sleep. Insert your other 4GB stick and make sure it recognizes it! Now to get to this same situation but with 10.6.8, your gonna first make sure you have a backup of your drive, I use Time Machine with a spare drive but you can use a partition or whatever you please.

These instructions are original tonymacx86 just had to add another step or two...

1. Right-click /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
2. Choose Show Package Contents
3. Navigate to Contents, then Plugins folder
4. Delete ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext
5. Run System Utilities with MultiBeast
6. Reboot
7.When it shows the snow leopard drive loading and says "Press any key ..blah blah." Press a key and type in "PCIRootUID=1", otherwise your system will probably hang at the blue screen after the grey apple logo.
7. Once in run the 10.6.8 Combo Update
8. Reboot
9. If it reboots and Kernel panics, then just restart or power off and back on, it maybe kernel panic a time or two, but for me it came right up the first time.
10. Now your sound and Ethernet may be dead. If so run the AppleHDARollback, and the same Ethernet as before - Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6.
11. Let them finish, when its done finish the installation and reboot. now it should reboot into 10.6.8 perfectly working besides possibly sleep but I will update as soon as I know how to get it working if its not!

UPDATE - Sleep working 100%!, just D/L this - http://3rr0rists.net/osx86/sleepenabler ... 4-bit.html - throw it in your "Extra/Extensions" folder, then run MultiBeast, and select "System Utilities", make sure both are checked. Run it, it will last a little while, once it completes then reboot and tada! Working sleep =D Credit goes to - Nadavf24

Hope this helps anyone looking to hackintosh, I just got started two days ago and after numerous trial and error I finally am here now and just wanted to share any sort of information that may be helpful!

Most of this guide was taken from trilla & tonymacx86 just customized with my own few steps and compiled! So a very huge thanks to them!

Please post and errors I will do my best to ensure we get you up and running!

Thanks,
Kukag

roadrunner197069 said:
interesting

Thanks? =D this very well may work with other motherboards specifically the ASUS P8P67 series!

well i built mine few days ago with the same procedure. the only thing is the 570 GTX driver. u can get full resolution only.

GeForce GTX 570:

Chipset Model: GeForce GTX 570
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1280 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1081
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 70.10.17.00.03
Displays:
Philips 224EL:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: DL51111444999
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Display Connector:

Sorry I'm confused, I got that you used the same procedure but you were or werent able to get the GTX 5XX working?

Thanks,
Kukag

@kukag
what is working ? Speedstep, sleep etc ?

Thanks

geticus said:
@kukag
what is working ? Speedstep, sleep etc ?

Thanks

Well as far as I can tell it seems everything is.. Speedstep or aka "EIST" is enabled along with XMP & turbo mode in my bios with absolutely no issues in the OS. I don't know of an actual way of showing if they are actually functioning inside the OS but like I said they are enabled in bios. As far as what works inside the O.S

Sound, Wifi, Graphics Enabler=Yes, 64bit, Everything besides Sleep, which I'm sure we can find a fix for. I was able to successfully run Cinebench in 10.6.7 but I don't know if it was a visual bug but it showed 2 Cores 4 Threads, so I'm downloading Cinebench 11.5 right now and will update this thread in about 5 - 10 minutes with the results!

UPDATE!!!!!
Ok heres the results for Cinebench 11.5
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1307/s ... 4at102.png

As you can see for some reason its still saying that there is only 2C/4T which is extremely odd. Its @ completely stock 3.3ghz no overclock so I'm not sure if thats about what I should be getting, and 32 fps seems pretty good for a 9800gtx.

Thanks
Kukag

Thank you. Tweaking your guide allowed me to install on my MSI board. I did not use the P8P67 installer. Might be why your is showing 2 cores. Mine is showing 4 cores 8 threads, and about mac shows it as 3.4 Intel 2600k. My problem is I have it overclocked to 4.5, and about mac, nor cinebench report it over 3.4.

Thanks again. I put a guide up as well if you want to try mine if all else fails. I been worknig on this for weeks.

My open GL was 58 and my CPU score was 8.5, something is off on yours it looks like.

My 32bit geekbench was 10075, tomorrow I will run the 64bit.

I wasn't able to find any sort of instructions on checking it? Maybe I'm missing it!

@Roadrunner - I'm very glad that you were able to use my guide to your advantage! =D Why I put it up here... Regarding the Cinebench Scores, I believe the 2C/4T reading for me is just a visual bug because on benchmarks I've seen 5.30 - 5.40 for the i5-2500K, so if it truly was only using 2C/4T then I'd definitely not be getting 5.0 +, your overclock is definitely active considering the 8.5 Cinebench score, a stock i7-2600k will get around a little under 7. Reason its 1.5 - 2pts more than the i5 is cause the i7 has an already high clock of 100mhz, along with hyperthreading being enabled!

I may or may not try re doing my system but 10.7 is right around the corner so i may just hang on til then!

Thanks,
Kukag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back