Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So go back to 10.8 clean, then 10.8.2, no extras in-between?
Yes. Update Mountain Lion Installer to 10.8.2 (in App Store/Purchases/OS X Mountain Lion/Hold down Option and Installed will change to Download, Select. When download finishes, make a new UnitBeast and install 10.8.2.

I also made a thread with the same issue/request

Hello all (hopefully toleda),

I have the ALC898 chip, and have noticed that audio skips out a lot in games, and to try and fix this I plugged in my headphones to use them. But low and behold, plugging in my headphones fixed all the audio issues I was having. However, this isn't a very attractive fix to have the headphones plugged in 24/7, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thank you! -KM

Background:
Asus Maximus V Gene 1604 Modified Bios
Have to use black line out port because the green doesn't work.
ALC898
No DSDT

I have the ALC898 chip, and have noticed that audio skips out a lot in games, and to try and fix this I plugged in my headphones to use them. But low and behold, plugging in my headphones fixed all the audio issues I was having.
See Rules, 2 posts deleted.
What port are you plugging the headphones into? What speakers are you disconnecting?

I didn't have access to my computer at the time, so there's no IOreg. But anyways, I have my 2.1 Speakers plugged into the black line out port (picture below) and my headphones plugged into the GREY (also on the back). The headphone trick also works from the front audio port too. Sorry for the Bad paint job.

13-131-830-Z02.jpgAudio.pngThe Dark Green is GREY

This is more annoying than an actual problem.

More system specs:
GTX 680
i5 3570k
16GB Ram (Will be changing to 32 soon)
Straight up ALC898 installation from multibeast > Non-DSDT

Hello, I'm having some problems getting audio working on my computer, basically, no sound at all. Nothing shows up under System Preferences > Sound. Attached is a copy of my IOReg and a screenshot from Sys Info. I have had success installing everything else with MultiBeast, but this is giving me trouble. Everything else is working great using Unibeast and Multibeast.

Specs are:
i7 3770k w/16GB DDR3 1600
Asus P8P67 Pro Bios 3602
GTX 680 2GB
500GB HDD

Any help is greatly appreciated!:)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    404.5 KB · Views: 72
Hello, I'm having some problems getting audio working on my computer, basically, no sound at all. Nothing shows up under System Preferences > Sound
Bad news, you have the Asus P8P67 3K BIOS no audio problem. HDEF has a phantom codec, actually the HD4000 HDMI audio codec, that disables all audio. The only known solution is a BIOS downgrade to a working 2xxx.

Bummer, that's what I had started to think, actually. Unfortunately I believe I have to use a 3k BIOS in order to use an Ivy Bridge CPU on my board. I'll research more, though. Thanks!

For me i have found a solution to get Dolby Digital and DTS sound working properly when using "DVD Fab Mediaplayer".
It supports audio properly (AC3/DTS passthrough) and playback Bluray also very fine.

Perhaps it will help someone...

For me i have found a solution to get Dolby Digital and DTS sound working properly when using "DVD Fab Mediaplayer".
Exactly how does "DVD Fab Mediaplayer" relate to Mountain Lion?
Did you see this: NOTE:DVDFab Media Player is powered by XBMC.

O.K., but it was the only app that provided me correct digital audio passthrough. XMBC itself didn´t work for me.
But with the DVD Fab Mediaplayer it worked without changing anything in Multibeast or using Patches etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back