Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion and USB 3.0 support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have USB 3 working on my Asus Sabertooth x79. Make sure to select USB 3.0 - 3rd Party = CalDigit using Multibeast 5.1.3. Am getting steady 84mb speeds. Using ML 10.8.2. Bios 2002

Did you test if using usb 2 devices ( pen drive) is faster on those usb 3.0 ports, too? I have the same motherboard as you.

Hi,
I solved my USB 3 issue on my Mountain Lion, Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H.
After installing the settings from MultiBeast I recognized, that some of my USB ports (the blue ports on front and back) don’t work, although I had installed the USB 3 driver from MultiBeast. After a bunch of time testing around I surprisingly found out that all the ports do work when an USB device is plugged to one of the USB 3 ports before the system starts. Maybe the system needs to initialize somehow while it’s booting.. Anyway, if your system is running and you unplug all devices from USB 3, you will loose the USB 3 ports again.

I found a pretty simple solution to that. I just plugged my USB keyboard to one of the USB 3 ports. Since my keyboard is already connected when I start the system and stays connected all the time, I now can use all of my USB ports on the front panel and on the back.

Maybe it also works for you.

Mountain Lion and USB 3.0 support Z77-DS3H

Like Knauhau, I plugged my USB keyboard into a blue port on my Z77-DS3H (rev. 1.1). USB-3 worked a bit then repeatedly get the you-have-disconnected-without-ejecting warning. Then it just keeps cycling through finding it & disconnecting it again.

Mieze's DSDT mods for complete USB 3.0/USB 2.0/USB 1.1 compatibility on her MSI B75M-P45 (4 slots, m-ATX) also works on my MSI B75A-G43 (7 slots, ATX).

Using her DSDT, I can plug any old USB device (1.1 or 2.0) into the USB 3.0 ports and the devices are immediately recognized.

It is a very difficult and quite extensive mod, but she has provided some pointers to her implementation in her posts.

Essentially, the EHC1 device is made to interwork with the (reamed) XHC1 device (was formerly XHC).

When USB 3.0 devices are plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, it is really the USB 3.0 device within the DSDT (XHC1) which is supporting them.

When USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 devices are plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, it is really the USB 2.0/1.1 device within the DSDT (EHC1) which is supporting them.

Hi,
I just found your post.
I have a possible compatibility issue with a USB 2.0 device (AVID Mbox 3rd gen) with my GA-UD5H-Z87x TH build. All my ports work as USB 3.0, but all devices are detected. Could this mod help?
Would be very thankful for any pointers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back