Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion and USB 3.0 support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have USB 3 working on my Asus Sabertooth x79. Make sure to select USB 3.0 - 3rd Party = CalDigit using Multibeast 5.1.3. Am getting steady 84mb speeds. Using ML 10.8.2. Bios 2002

I used to have the same problem but now my hackintosh can see usb 2.0 devices in the 3.0 slot. I installed the macbookpro 10,1 update that came out recently and it started working after that.

i have a gigabyte Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 f9 with an intel 3570k i5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 11.30.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 11.30.26 PM.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,140
I used to have the same problem but now my hackintosh can see usb 2.0 devices in the 3.0 slot. I installed the macbookpro 10,1 update that came out recently and it started working after that.

i have a gigabyte Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 f9 with an intel 3570k i5

Where did you find the Macbook10,1 update? I am trying to get my USB 3.0's to work on my 10.8.2 Asrock Extreme4 Z77 Hack Pro.

Thanks,
Dion

It is part of the settings of the SMBIOS stuff within the Chameleon Wizzard. MacBookPro 10,1 - however for my system, after setting that I can no longer play videos e.g. from Youtube on webpages.

regards
Manfredo

Most USB 2.0 devices don't work in USB 3.0 ports.
Things that don't work are mass storage devices i.e.: my ext HDs and flash drives and my Apple Wired Keyboard.
Things that do work are my DBT-120 USB Bluetooth and Razer Diamondback mouse.

I have both EHCI and XHCI handoff enabled in BIOS. I've tried all combos of this but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Mieze's DSDT mods for complete USB 3.0/USB 2.0/USB 1.1 compatibility on her MSI B75M-P45 (4 slots, m-ATX) also works on my MSI B75A-G43 (7 slots, ATX).

Using her DSDT, I can plug any old USB device (1.1 or 2.0) into the USB 3.0 ports and the devices are immediately recognized.

It is a very difficult and quite extensive mod, but she has provided some pointers to her implementation in her posts.

Essentially, the EHC1 device is made to interwork with the (reamed) XHC1 device (was formerly XHC).

When USB 3.0 devices are plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, it is really the USB 3.0 device within the DSDT (XHC1) which is supporting them.

When USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 devices are plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, it is really the USB 2.0/1.1 device within the DSDT (EHC1) which is supporting them.

Any chance for me? I have an Alienware M17x and noticed that only my WD HDD USB 3.0 works on my USB 3.0 Ports reconized as 'USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus'. The only device working that doesn't have a USB 3.0 is my mouse which is on 'USB 3.0 High Speed'.

I only have USB 3.0 port and unable to get wifi, my wifi card is incompatible. However, I have a Wifi USB Dongle that is compatible and doesn't work because my USB 2 isn't working !! :(

Help :D

I can have USB 3.0 on my GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R FB??

When I disable xHCI in my Bios, OS X Doesn't reconize any port at all :( However, it happened twice out of like 40 attempts booting that it does reconize them as 2.0 USB Port and worked like a charm. Any solutiion?

I have USB 3 working on my Asus Sabertooth x79. Make sure to select USB 3.0 - 3rd Party = CalDigit using Multibeast 5.1.3. Am getting steady 84mb speeds. Using ML 10.8.2. Bios 2002

Worked for me on Sabertooth x79 with Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and the latest MB. Only 2 USB 3 ports work (which is fine with me) just letting everyone else know.

Thanks for posting this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back