Contribute
Register

Monterey freezes audio problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Z68 boards from 2011/12 USB 3.0 was brand new. Gigabyte used a third party controller to add them to these boards. They are the blue colored ports under the Ethernet. Really no way to make them work, just disable them in the BIOS.

IO%20panel.jpg

What you can do is add some USB 3 ports via a PCIe adapter. Other than that all you've got is 4 USB 2 ports (EHC) in back and whatever you have for front ports on your case.

Last edited:
Fo audio now I tried to disable internal audio in BIOS but the problem with the RME Fireface 800 persist. Now I've restarted 3 times and the audio has clipped and one times the system has frezzed, seems that not depends by a conflict between internal (applealc.kext) and RME drivers....The problem persiste, sometimes I need to restart 8/!0 times until it works. Do you have any suggestion to fix or test the problem? I attach the filelog of Opencore, maybe it is useful...

Attachments

• opencore-2023-02-13-182518.txt
    256 KB · Views: 17
For audio now I tried to disable internal audio in BIOS but the problem with the RME Fireface 800 persist. Now I've restarted 3 times and the audio has clipped and one times the system has freezed, seems that not depends by a conflict between internal (applealc.kext) and RME drivers....The problem persists
Why use the AppleALC kext when you're disabling the internal audio ? Try removing it and the entry in your config.plist.

On Z68 boards from 2011/12 USB 3.0 was brand new. Gigabyte used a third party controller to add them to these boards. They are the blue colored ports under the Ethernet. Really no way to make them work, just disable them in the BIOS.

IO%20panel.jpg

What you can do is add some USB 3 ports via a PCIe adapter. Other than that all you've got is 4 USB 2 ports (EHC) in back and whatever you have for front ports on your case.
Thanks....Ok. I see in Hackintool the 4 ports that are the only ports that I need and use ....Maybe one day I add an internal board to expand but now I don't need.....So, is the USB Map right how it appears in hackingtool? I need to do someting to stabilize the system? The udio problem (the most important for me) may depends on USB map or they are not related?

Why use the AppleALC kext when you're disabling the internal audio ? Try removing it and the entry in your config.plist.
Ok, now I try to disable the kext and restart the system for test.....Can you tell me how can I delete the kext and update the config.plist?

Ok, now I try to disable the kext and restart the system for test.....Can you tell me how can I delete the kext and update the config.plist?
You could also just disable it and leave it as is.

Ok I've done.....but the audio problem persist....This is the RME totalmix when I playback audio (any source: youtube, mp3 etc.), sometimes the mouse pointer freezes and all the system too, so I need to restart....again. It seems not depends on applealc or internal audio....The RME works fine on Catalina/clover but now with Monterey/Opencore I have this problem very frustating for me...Any Idea?

Attachments

• Schermata 2023-02-13 alle 20.01.31.png
    Schermata 2023-02-13 alle 20.01.31.png
    603.5 KB · Views: 13
but now with Monterey/Opencore I have this problem very frustating for me...Any Idea?
It could be related to a lack of CPU power management. The Sandy Bridge Processors really have no support in Monterey and you have to use a much newer SMBIOS just to install an OS that new. I'd suggest getting newer hardware to run Monterey. Other than that, possibly try to get some kind of CPU PM via the Dortania guide.

HI, today I am going crazy....I restarted the system 15 times and again I have the issue with audio....3 times the HAckintosh has restarted automatically even though I wasn't doing anything at the time....I post the log file. Can You explain "Lack of CPU power management"? Why it is related to audio? In that way audio problems are related to crash of the system?

Attachments

• opencore-2023-02-23-182329.txt
    256 KB · Views: 14
HI, today I am going crazy....I restarted the system 15 times and again I have the issue with audio....3 times the HAckintosh has restarted automatically even though I wasn't doing anything at the time....I post the log file. Can You explain "Lack of CPU power management"? Why it is related to audio? In that way audio problems are related to crash of the system?
missing your EFI folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back