Gigabyte GA-Z69X-UD3H-B3 - F12
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi
I've a new built running Monterey in OC bootloader....All is ok but I need to restart the system 2/3 times because when playback the audio my RME fireface 800 interface goes crazy with saturation, clipping or granular sound and some times after 15/30 minutes all system frezees and I need to restart again.....I reinstalled the RMe drivers many times.....sometimes all goes well for hours but sometimes I have these audio/system problems...Do you think there's something in post installation that I need to do? Do you think there is a conflict between integrated audio and RME? or maybe the kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Schermata 2023-01-17 alle 12.41.26.png
    Schermata 2023-01-17 alle 12.41.26.png
    149 KB · Views: 28
Hi
I've a new built running Monterey in OC bootloader....All is ok but I need to restart the system 2/3 times because when playback the audio my RME fireface 800 interface goes crazy with saturation, clipping or granular sound and some times after 15/30 minutes all system frezees and I need to restart again.....I reinstalled the RMe drivers many times.....sometimes all goes well for hours but sometimes I have these audio/system problems...Do you think there's something in post installation that I need to do? Do you think there is a conflict between integrated audio and RME? or maybe the kext
having your usb ports setup is a must:

Hi
I need help to decifrate the configuration of USB....

1. In hackintool I have only 2 rows on top and 4 USB ports listed (2 internal)......I really use only 2 ports because my hakintosh is placed in another room (no noise in my control room when recording/mixing) and have 2 long usb cables inside the wall running to my 2 displays, so I use the 4+4 usb ports of my 2 DELL displays connected to the 2 usb 2 rear ports of my Gygabyte mobo.....and I think they are listed correctly in hackintool, maybe...

2. Rarely I use the 2 usb ports placed in the front panel of my hackintosh case, I think they are connected internally to the mobo.....as shown in hackinyool (internal)

2. In OC configurator>Kernel I see the XhcPortLimit enabled.....but I don't have xhc (only EHC)....I read that the XhcPortLimit patch create problem with stability of the system if always active, maybe the freezes and crash may depends from this? Can I disable it without problem as stated in the guide (The New Beginner's Guide to USB port config)?

3. What about internal audio? Can I ignore it? I am using an external audio interface RME fireface 800

Thanks

Attachments

• Schermata 2023-01-17 alle 16.25.18.png
    Schermata 2023-01-17 alle 16.25.18.png
    428 KB · Views: 27
  • Schermata 2023-01-17 alle 16.26.01.png
    Schermata 2023-01-17 alle 16.26.01.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 26
Hi
I need help to decifrate the configuration of USB....

1. In hackintool I have only 2 rows on top and 4 USB ports listed (2 internal)......I really use only 2 ports because my hakintosh is placed in another room (no noise in my control room when recording/mixing) and have 2 long usb cables inside the wall running to my 2 displays, so I use the 4+4 usb ports of my 2 DELL displays connected to the 2 usb 2 rear ports of my Gygabyte mobo.....and I think they are listed correctly in hackintool, maybe...

2. Rarely I use the 2 usb ports placed in the front panel of my hackintosh case, I think they are connected internally to the mobo.....as shown in hackinyool (internal)

2. In OC configurator>Kernel I see the XhcPortLimit enabled.....but I don't have xhc (only EHC)....I read that the XhcPortLimit patch create problem with stability of the system if always active, maybe the freezes and crash may depends from this? Can I disable it without problem as stated in the guide (The New Beginner's Guide to USB port config)?

3. What about internal audio? Can I ignore it? I am using an external audio interface RME fireface 800

Thanks
Lilu kext needs to be first in your list

also you need to be running Catalina to be able to do the USB port setup guide

Sorry don't understand......Do you think there is an audio issue? I continue to experiment audio drop at startup.....When I enter in Monterey the RME drivers load, but I need to restart 3/7 times the computer because the audio doesn't work....It is clip loud or glitches.....after a few restarts it works ....today I restart 10 times ....In some cases only 2 or 3 restarts....Sometimes the OS freezes but I don't understand if the audio and the crash depend on USB or integrated audio also if I use an RME fw 800 interface with RME driver, so the internal audio is deactivated from preferences...can you help me please, I am in serious troubles for working

Sorry don't understand......Do you think there is an audio issue? I continue to experiment audio drop at startup.....When I enter in Monterey the RME drivers load, but I need to restart 3/7 times the computer because the audio doesn't work....It is clip loud or glitches.....after a few restarts it works ....today I restart 10 times ....In some cases only 2 or 3 restarts....Sometimes the OS freezes but I don't understand if the audio and the crash depend on USB or integrated audio also if I use an RME fw 800 interface with RME driver, so the internal audio is deactivated from preferences...can you help me please, I am in serious troubles for working
getting your USB setup is a must, then you can concentrate on other issues

Ok Can you explain well how can I address the USB problems please?

Ok I see some videos and a guide but why I see only 4 ports and 2 EHC instead of all the usb ports of my mobo? Seems I don't start from the same point of the guides....

Attachments

• Schermata 2023-02-13 alle 19.11.57.png
    Schermata 2023-02-13 alle 19.11.57.png
    571.3 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back