Contribute
Register

Monitor timing error when using 10.10.2. Nvidia drivers don't seem to work properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some very bizarre behavior. I have two identical machines, same mother board (MSI something), same processor (i7 3.6GHz), same memory (16GB), same video card (ASUS GTX 750 TI). Each has a ASUS 22" monitor and a generic 21" monitor (these are different). And the keyboards are different for the two machines.

Both machines boot with the ASUS monitors, but at the login screen the ASUS monitor turns off and switches to the smaller monitor. I can not get dual displays working beyond this. But this is what is odd. One machine's generic monitor works on a DVI connection, the other will not, I have to connect via a VGA cable (these only have VGA or DVI). The ASUS monitor has DVI and HDMI, neither seem to get the system working.

It seems like it tries to detect the monitor type and modes but fails and then turns it off. Anyone have a way to force these on, or to a specific setting? I would love to get the machine setup as dual monitors using HDMI and DVI but I'll take what I can get. :D

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back