Contribute
Register

Monitor timing error when using 10.10.2. Nvidia drivers don't seem to work properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope it doesn't do the trick. I really don't understand how it is possible that my monitor (DELL 2715H) doesn't get signal at first, but sees it after I do a switch to hdmi and back to dp lol. This is paranormal! :D

I really don't understand how it is possible that my monitor (DELL 2715H) doesn't get signal at first, but sees it after I do a switch to hdmi and back to dp

Same to you...:D

Could you please try to boot without the web driver support (use flag nv_disable=1) and check whether the same situation or not.

When I do nv_disable=1 is ok... This is how I logged in every time I didn't get signal (obviously I hadn't come up with this strange workaround yet). However, I will retry it and report back to you.

There is also something I am suspicious about. When I had mini display port and hdmi both connected, it seemed that always the system sees my hdmi as primary and my mini display port as secondary display. Of course I could change that after logging in, but after every boot, I had the same situation. So I wonder whether there is something that maps my mini display port as secondary display (hdmi and mDP exist on the same monitor of course) and whether this could be the reason I don't get signal at the log in screen.

When I use nv_disable=1 I have proper 1440p signal. So now what? :crazy:

Already, installed. I have the same behavior.

Yes you are right. With hdmi I get signal immediately. But the problem with hdmi is that it won't give me the 1440p resolution. It goes up to 1152p if I remember well. So I decided to continue using my DP to miniDP cable, even with that minor glitch. In addition I ordered a DP to DP cable (for excluding any conversion issues) and I will report back.

Yes you are right. With hdmi I get signal immediately. But the problem with hdmi is that it won't give me the 1440p resolution. It goes up to 1152p if I remember well. So I decided to continue using my DP to miniDP cable, even with that minor glitch. In addition I ordered a DP to DP cable (for excluding any conversion issues) and I will report back.

I think that will work perfectly.. Good Luck...!

Sorry for the delay... My first display port to display port cable was defective and it took me a while to be sure about it. So after replacing my faulty dp cable, my report is that I see the exact same thing as before. When I start up, my monitor doesn't get any signal, and it does only after I do an input source switch! Well as I said before this is a minor flaw, but I am really curious about what is happening. Obviously, the problem is the nvidia driver, but still this is a very bizarre phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back