Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 F8 i5 2500K HD 6870 Triple Monitor Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB 3 is not natively supported by Apple's Desktop OS X. Apple just released MBPs with USB 3, but not until the desktops are introduced will the USB 3 be supported in OS X. Even then, lots of mobos may not have the same chipset as Apple's desktops.

thelostswede and several of the moderators are working hard to get a kext that works with the majority of the 3rd party (non Apple & Intel) legacy chipsets. Stay tune for news at 11 (as the USA East coast news programs say). :thumbup:

Thank you very much. I put this important information on to the original post so that other users can read it.

Thanks moarfish!!!! everything works great on 10.8.1 altought i've had some kernel panics when my external drive is making a time machine backup. Had to unplug it and just connect it from time to time to backup.

Thanks moarfish!!!! everything works great on 10.8.1 altought i've had some kernel panics when my external drive is making a time machine backup. Had to unplug it and just connect it from time to time to backup.

Did you plug it into the USB3 port? Try to plug it to USB 2 port instead.

Has anyone installed 10.8.2. I did and got Installation Failed using the software update, but it managed to restart and boot normally now with 10.8.2 even though it said it failed.

My only PROBLEM now is that Sound is gone and every time i try to apply the ALC889 with multi beast it fails.

You might want to check the update section. Everyone is posting on what they are doing after the update. Personally, I haven't updated yet.

Updated to 10.8.2

Process:
1. Download the the Combo updater here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1581
2. Install the Combo Updater, do not reboot.
3. Open Multibeast 5.0.2, reinstall the Sound driver.
4. If you have install FakeSMC like me, remember to delete OemSMBIOS.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ (Very important, it will hang during boot if you do not do so) TonyMac say that the OemSMBIOS.kext is inside /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Content/Plugin however, it is not in my case. It is inside the path above. Don't know why.
5. Reboot.
Done

I've been adding the "debug=8 ahcidisk=1" (<string>-v darkwake=0 debug=8 ahcidisk=1</string>) since 10.8.1 and it improves the boot up time for me.

You simply don't load the kexts from the Cache in /S/L/C/c/S but at boottime from /S/L/E, and with an SSD it's not significant slower. You can try also to boot with "UseKernelCache=yes" again in boot.plist and additional add "debug=8 ahcidisk=1" to the kernel flags. For me, with my 6850 GPU my boot.plist looks like that...

Try it and compare the boottime w/o UseKernelCache and with UseKernelCache+debug=8 ahcidisk=1

I've been adding the "debug=8 ahcidisk=1" (<string>-v darkwake=0 debug=8 ahcidisk=1</string>) since 10.8.1 and it improves the boot up time for me.

I have also try this method but it turns out replacing the kext file with the one from Lion gives me the best performance boost.

hi,

on the link to the kext files, did you replace the 2 kexts that can be downloaded from mediafire? thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back