Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 F8 i5 2500K HD 6870 Triple Monitor Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey MoarFish,

Does auto-sleep work for your machine? I thought they don't work with 6870s or 560 TIs.

Hey MoarFish,

Does auto-sleep work for your machine? I thought they don't work with 6870s or 560 TIs.

I remember it sleep pretty while when I finish my build and test. However, It do not sleep much as I always keep it awake with coffee bean day and night. Oh it closed it eyes thru, (Monitors sleep)

I test it out again tonight and tell you the result. Does "Auto-sleep" means it sleep when the time is up to the settings inside System Preferences?

Thank you!

I already did but without success, but your work make me want to try again!

Tested. It does sleep and wake very well.
Now typing this message after waking up.

hi,

i have the same board and card. i could only get 2 monitors to run but would like to use 3. i tried the the directions you posted and i could only get 1 monitor to work. did you use both the 4.61 and 5.02 multi beasts? i noticed in #8 of your directions you say to run 4.61 but your screenshot is both. please clarify.

the only way i can get 2 monitors is by using the 5.02 tutorial and chameleon with Kudzu. my sound is ok and every thing else is ok but sleep on the computer.

thanks!

hi,

i have the same board and card. i could only get 2 monitors to run but would like to use 3. i tried the the directions you posted and i could only get 1 monitor to work. did you use both the 4.61 and 5.02 multi beasts? i noticed in #8 of your directions you say to run 4.61 but your screenshot is both. please clarify.

the only way i can get 2 monitors is by using the 5.02 tutorial and chameleon with Kudzu. my sound is ok and every thing else is ok but sleep on the computer.

thanks!

Just use the latest Multibeast 5.02 would be fine. I install my system using the 4.6.1 version but someone want me to post the settings for using the latest 5.0.2 so I make another screenshot for reference.

For the Triple Monitor support, not all HD6870 have the same settings to work. Different brand got different settings. I highly recommended PowerColor brand HD6870 because it is the least efford card to support Triple Monitor. Just set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and everything works. If you are not using PowerColor, you will have to go the Graphic Section of this forum and check out if anyone have success story on Triple Monitor. Usually you need to change settings in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to work.

One more tips for Triple monitor. You should have at least one of the three monitors connected to the displayport of the card. You can buy an active Display port DVI adaptor if you do not have a display port monitor.

thanks! i'll try the active display port adaptor. what i have is the passive one. i'm running my two monitors on the dvi ports.

hi,

another question concerning USB 3. my usb 3 card reader is working. i have a usb 3 docking station but the dock and drives don't show up. any solutions?

thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-26 at 11.27.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-26 at 11.27.10 AM.png
    101 KB · Views: 508
hi,

another question concerning USB 3. my usb 3 card reader is working. i have a usb 3 docking station but the dock and drives don't show up. any solutions?

thanks!

No solution yet. I have the USB 3 port working but they are just running at 2.0 speed. I can see your link speed is also limited to 480MB which is not running at full 3.0 speed.

USB 3 is not natively supported by Apple's Desktop OS X. Apple just released MBPs with USB 3, but not until the desktops are introduced will the USB 3 be supported in OS X. Even then, lots of mobos may not have the same chipset as Apple's desktops.

thelostswede and several of the moderators are working hard to get a kext that works with the majority of the 3rd party (non Apple & Intel) legacy chipsets. Stay tune for news at 11 (as the USA East coast news programs say). :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back