Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, in user manual says that connection to digital audio (coaxial and optical) is made throught internal pin (S/PDIF Out Header).
So I dont know if a plate like this comes with motherboard, or are sold separately.

View attachment 58740

Thats interesting - I have never seen that discussed before. This is all I can find from the Gigabyte page : http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/accessory.aspx

Plenty of 'How to build...' guides on line, but little in the way of ready made to buy product.

The GA-B75M-D3P version does have an optical socket on the board : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4203#ov

Adrian B

Hi all

2 things.

1) I've noticed that I no longer need the SleepEnabler.kext to get proper sleep mode to work. :clap:

2) HWMonitor reports the heatsink temp as a steady & unchanging 73 celsius.
All other temps and fan speeds seem to be correct/reasonable.
Has anyone else run up against the heatsink temp issue on the GA-B75M-D3H mobo ?

cheers

furbies

Sleep is working fine for me.

HW is reporting ambient temperature at steady and unchanging 73 degrees celsius.

All other temperatures and fan speeds are fine.

Does motherboard GA-B75M-D3H comes with S/PDIF (Digital or Coaxial)? Isn't soldered in motherboard, but does it come with stock expansion plate or I need to buy separately?

It's very important for me, I will use this machine as HTPC also.

I wanted an optical S/PDIF too:

There is still one problem: my optical digital audio output doesn´t work. I got a bracket and made a little modification because the mainboard only provides 2 pins (signal and ground). the 3rd +5V pin is missing, so I took the +5V from a front USB connector:
View attachment 30705

under Win7 the optical output works really great. but in OSX I have no sound. I tried already serveral kext. none of them work :(

You can find these brackets on ebay. they are called "Gigabyte 12CR1-1SPOUT-03R RCA SPDIF Audio Bracket". Maybe there is a new audio kext available, but I gave up trying since then.

I wanted an optical S/PDIF too:

You can find these brackets on ebay. they are called "Gigabyte 12CR1-1SPOUT-03R RCA SPDIF Audio Bracket". Maybe there is a new audio kext available, but I gave up trying since then.

I don't think is correct bracket for this gigabyte board. This bracket is 3 pin connector (+5, spdif, GND) and gigabyte board has only 2 pin connector (spdif, GND).

I will thinking to change my choice for a Asus board with dedicated spdif output. The gigabyte models with spdif isn't avaliable here or is to expensive.

I don't think is correct bracket for this gigabyte board. This bracket is 3 pin connector (+5, spdif, GND) and gigabyte board has only 2 pin connector (spdif, GND).

I will thinking to change my choice for a Asus board with dedicated spdif output. The gigabyte models with spdif isn't avaliable here or is to expensive.

I already wrote that I had to use the +5V from an USB port. look at the picture. optical SPDIF works fine under win7 with this method.

@Adrian B
Im planning to buy B75M HD3 mobo like its said in your profile..may i know whats working and not with this board and can you start another thread for this mobo(installation etc...) tnx more powerr

@Adrian B
Im planning to buy B75M HD3 mobo like its said in your profile..may i know whats working and not with this board and can you start another thread for this mobo(installation etc...) tnx more powerr

Hi bolly,

This board (as part of the B75M range) seem to have everything working. If you see the start of Moarfish's build he details clearly that about the only thing not working is VGA - it will not work anyway as it is unsupported in Mountain Lion.

I will get a HDD at the end of this month as at present I have only used the basics from MultiBeast and am keen to do some other test installs. I have been meaning to get around to doing a guide like Moarfish for a few weeks, it just hasn't happened as yet. I will assist you in any way I can. I recommend this board :thumbup:

Adrian B

@Adrian B
im looking forward to your guide...ill wait for the thread for this mobo (B75M HD3) thank you! happy hackintoshing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back