Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vikhiiz: Did you find a solution for the memory speed problem? I have a similar build with an i7-3770 and 16gb (2x8gb kingston). The RAM claims to be able to run at 1600MHz, however, it does not - 1333 MHz only and I cannot change it in the BIOS.

Any ideas?

You should look at Page 28 of your user Manual of the B75M-D3H

uVO0c.jpg

MultiBeast incorporates the appropriate TRIM enabler Perl commend. However, since Sandforce controllers perform their own garbage collection, you don't need the TRIM enablers.

Thanks Stork - that's good to know it doesn't just slap a new (or old) binary there. Do you have a link with details about the sandforce not needing trim? I just cant quite see how the drive can know the data is deleted...

Hey!

I´ve got a question which isn´t clear for me: Is there only one sata-port usable in the D3H-Version or are just the extra ports in the D3V not usable? I can´t find this information on the Gigabyte site!

Thanks alot for your information on that Motherboard as I want to buy it next month!

Ciao

Thanks Stork - that's good to know it doesn't just slap a new (or old) binary there. Do you have a link with details about the sandforce not needing trim? I just cant quite see how the drive can know the data is deleted...

Nope, I don't have "a" link. Google is your best friend to look for links.

This subject has been covered here in many posts in the past and discussed in the Forum's Chat Room. (After reading about it so much over the past two years, it's become rooted in my mind.) It's my understanding that most of the current line SSDs have modern controllers that perform garbage collection, the first couple of generations did not, and, thus, needed TRIM.

You'll need to do your due diligence (as the lawyers say) for the SSD make/model you choose to use.

Hey!

I´ve got a question which isn´t clear for me: Is there only one sata-port usable in the D3H-Version or are just the extra ports in the D3V not usable? I can´t find this information on the Gigabyte site!

Thanks alot for your information on that Motherboard as I want to buy it next month!

Ciao

There is only one SATA 3 PORT for your high performance SSD. YOu got plenty of SATA 2 ports you can use for your other drives.

Nope, I don't have "a" link. Google is your best friend to look for links.

This subject has been covered here in many posts in the past and discussed in the Forum's Chat Room. (After reading about it so much over the past two years, it's become rooted in my mind.) It's my understanding that most of the current line SSDs have modern controllers that perform garbage collection, the first couple of generations did not, and, thus, needed TRIM.

You'll need to do your due diligence (as the lawyers say) for the SSD make/model you choose to use.

I have been reading so many conflicting articles about native trim & OSX. If I were to put all the aricles For & Against side by side, it would be a 50/50 split. I did, however, find a general consensus that TrimEnabler from Oskar Groth's blog is a bit suspect. He uses / used a modified Snow Leopard version of the IOAHCIBlockStorage kext which causes havoc in L & ML. Instead there is a script which only modifies Apple's restriction which was put in place in the IOAHCIBlockStorage kext. It replaces the value in the line which OSX uses to check that your SSD is in fact an Apple supported SSD, with 0's.

I used this script to enable trim support my OCZ Vertex 3 and there is a major performance boost. Booting into ML without Trim enabled, would take 8 seconds from the Chameleon bootloader screen. (As opposed to 21 seconds on a normal drive). With Trim enabled, ML takes 3 seconds to load from the bootloader to the login screen. (1.5 revolutions of the rotating circle). That is weird though, since an XBench of the SSD gives identical results.

I am a noob at SSD's (for now) and would like to understand why , with trim enabled, the system boots so much faster than without trim enabled. Especially since I understood that Sandforce SSD's have native trim.

Any thoughts?

You should look at Page 28 of your user Manual of the B75M-D3H

uVO0c.jpg

@Moarfish - yes man, I know about this manual, but my MB lack of these XMP settings… There are no way I can find XMP in UEFI (BIOS)… Thats my concern… I don't know if D3V version lack this option, or its a bug on my MB…
I have updated BIOS (F6)...

@Moarfish - yes man, I know about this manual, but my MB lack of these XMP settings… There are no way I can find XMP in UEFI (BIOS)… Thats my concern… I don't know if D3V version lack this option, or its a bug on my MB…
I have updated BIOS (F6)...

It said you have to got your memory support XMP to have the option displayed. May be your memory do not support XMP? I think you can try to manually set your RAM to run at 1600MHZ

It said you have to got your memory support XMP to have the option displayed. May be your memory do not support XMP? I think you can try to manually set your RAM to run at 1600MHZ

When I go to memory section, there is no XMP option.
I have set up memory to run at 1600MHz, but is not the point.

Kingston which I have, works on 1.6v, but my MB gives 1.52v by default.
With XMP I could fix this manually, but that XMP option is lacking.
:/
Don't know what to do.

I have same MB and i3-3225. All went fine, but I am unable to make the power standby function to work. Pretty much followed the installation steps. Using DVI. Any help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back