ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi toleda

What does Post #1 say?

ok, so I set GenerateC/P states to "no" and now my speedstep looks like this
localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 21 28 34 39 42 ]
all fine, thank you.
but sleep still does nothing but switching of the screen :/ all fans are on... where else could I keep looking? thank you for your help..
IOreg is attached

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    509.9 KB · Views: 90
In MaciASL I added the two PJALM's repos, one for Gigabyte and one for Graphics, and I patched for my motherboard (GA Z77X-UP5-TH) and for HD4000. Then compiled (ACPI 5.0) and saved in Extra. Nothing more.
PJALM's patches are not present in the dsdt attached.

all fine, thank you.
but sleep still does nothing but switching of the screen :/ all fans are on... where else could I keep looking? thank you for your help..
Congratulations on SpeedStep.
Native CPU PM is necessary for sleep but not the only requirement. Consider the dsdt, a third party kext, a connected device, etc.

Good afternoon,

I built a osx86 machine following this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...mini-core-i3-3225-ga-h77n-wifi-8gb-ram-3.html
And made it dual boot with Win8 (using easyBCD bootloader, took me two clicks to make that work)
On multibeast only checked audiodriver and network driver.
And did update to 10.8.4 using regular OSX-software-update.

My hardware is: GA-H77N-wifi i3-3225 onboard video 4GB Ram Atheros AR9380 wifi
About this mac:
Mac Pro early? 2008 (dont know english name, i'm dutch)
Processor 3,29 GHz Intel Core i3
Mem 4GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
Video Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
Serial blablah
Software OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

My goal was to build a low energy consuming mini-mac/win8 PC.
But when I check cpu-speed (sysctl hw.cpufrequency) it tells me it's not throttling down to 1.55 but stays on 3,1 GHz.
That's not what I expected, and not what it should be; we live in 2013.

I have read many pages here and everywhere but cannot find a simple solution to my question:

Is it hard to make my pc work like it should, and let the CPU throttle down?
Is there a good tutorial to follow? (i know there must be dozens of configurations just like mine)

Thanx!

(oh, by the way, I didn't do anything with kexts, dsdt, sddt or whatver they are called; I picked out all components that should work native, or close to native, to keep it simple and safe, because i built this computer for a ladyfriend)

hi toleda

all fine, thank you.
IOreg is attached
I noticed that, in bios boot options, UEFI boot device can jeopardize sleep function (chimera bootloader). Also check in your dsdt, if you find
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)
remove it. That solved my long wake issue.

I don't know what makes HD2500 to work.

I will post both dsdt's, if you can, have a look please. One has the edits someone made for me to enable the HD2500 and the other one has the HDMI audio edits I made. Regarding the sleep issue, a few days ago while I was in the process of changing the Ivy power settings my computer was plagued with freezes and reboots. After messing around with the latest things I had changed I decided to test the ram and I found out that I had a faulty 4GB memory stick.
With my motherboard there are limitations and by buying 2x2gb and a single 4gb of ram I was forced to run the memory at 1066MHz instead of the rated 1333MHz that the chips supported. As they were the cheap chips available on ebay, I decided to buy some corsair this time 2x4GB XMS3 1600MHz with the XMP memory profile. After activating this, sleep just went. It goes to sleep ok but wakes up with no monitor and I see no sleep entries in the console. After reading a bit on it, this looks like a common issue and by disabling pll overvoltage in the bios it can be overcome, a stupid setting that does not exist in my bios. I have tried to run the memory at 1333 but it still does not work. Have you got any tips for me? I feel like I have tried everything, adding darkawake does not work, it was working fine before I bought this ram. I even mentioned it in a previous post that I did not even need the darkawake flag anymore. I use sleep quite a lot, any tips would be great.
I wanted to buy a z77 based motherboard but the cash flow is just a bit low at the moment.

Thanks in advance Toleda, I am sure you are aware that people here really appreciate the time and effort you put into helping us, I am no different.

Attachments

• DSDT(HD2500 Enabled).aml
    18.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSDT[HDMI Audio).aml
    18.8 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back