Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

Every now and then the system settings freeze for no reason and can no longer be opened at all. A bug report will then appear so that someone can figure out what the problem is?

Attachments

• System.zip
    7 KB · Views: 1
As I've said several times.

Without the file, the WiFi no longer works.

I tried all the instructions and all the settings I found for the Intel AX210 without this file but nothing gets the card to work.

If I play the file into the EFI it works immediately

As I've said several times.

Without the file, the WiFi no longer works.

I tried all the instructions and all the settings I found for the Intel AX210 without this file but nothing gets the card to work.

If I play the file into the EFI it works immediately
and using a DSDT from a different computer is completely out of order

I really like to believe you. If you have a solution for me on how I can get the WiFi to work without this file, I'll listen to you eagerly.

Because I've been trying every day since last month but without success

I really like to believe you. If you have a solution for me on how I can get the WiFi to work without this file, I'll listen to you eagerly.

Because I've been trying every day since last month but without success
I don't really care if you believe me or not:

Although you may be tempted to use a DSDT from another computer, it will almost always end in failure. You simply cannot be certain it is valid to use ACPI files from another computer. Even minor differences in hardware configuration (BIOS version, amount of memory installed, BIOS options selected, and other hardware differences such as which WiFi card is installed) can make for differences that cause instability and weird bugs if you use foreign ACPI files. Such differences can make various OperationRegion addresses different, which makes a patched DSDT for one system incompatible with another. It is also not uncommon for the same laptop model to be produced in different runs with different motherboards, and potentially incompatible ACPI files.
from here:

despite it being in a laptop forum, it still relates to desktops as well

Yes, I tried that too and created a boot stick and then pressed F4 when starting, but I'm happy to do it again

Yes, I tried that too and created a boot stick and then pressed F4 when starting, but I'm happy to do it again
you need to find out what patches were done to that DSDT and then you can probably have a simple SSDT or a simple Find and Rename entry in your config.plist to do the same thing

This is the contents of your /EFI/CLOVER/Origins folder.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 16.07.05.png

The DSDT.aml table highlighted is the only one you should care about and use to setup your Mini PC with OpenCore.

First, use the DSDT.aml to generate some custom SSDT's for your system using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.

Second, as instructed by @Feartech compare the differences between your DSDT.aml and the DSDT-S3.aml you were using to get your Intel WiFi working. Specifically look for entries related to the WiFi device in the DSDT-S3.aml table that aren't present in your system DSDT.aml.

You should not need to add anything other than the standard settings to get your Intel AX210 WiFi/BT card working in macOS.

Back