Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Asus G74SX

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, so here it is, i have backlight working on keyboard now, perfectly, i updated my dsdt to nvidia gtx 560m 3gb, perfectly, i use smbios MACPRO3,1 i think, cause of NVIDIA freeze, now its perfectly working, i have also sound working superb, with asusfn kext also sound keys and backlight at keyboard working, one think only - my display light sensitivity keys - F5 and F6 are not working, here is my ioreg file and dsdt file I'm using, also i must upload all of my kexts for ASUSg74SX nvidia 3gb USERS here to have it working!!!! :) so do you have any idea to make it work? (right now I'm only on shades app, which is working, but my battery drain is lot of :D )

Attachments

• martins macbook pro.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
  • dsdt.aml
    63.1 KB · Views: 160
  • AsusNBFnKeys.kext.zip
    38 KB · Views: 127
hi, so here it is, i have backlight working on keyboard now, perfectly, i updated my dsdt to nvidia gtx 560m 3gb, perfectly, i use smbios MACPRO3,1 i think, cause of NVIDIA freeze, now its perfectly working, i have also sound working superb, with asusfn kext also sound keys and backlight at keyboard working, one think only - my display light sensitivity keys - F5 and F6 are not working, here is my ioreg file and dsdt file I'm using, also i must upload all of my kexts for ASUSg74SX nvidia 3gb USERS here to have it working!!!! :) so do you have any idea to make it work? (right now I'm only on shades app, which is working, but my battery drain is lot of :D )

You should try ACPIBacklight.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

hi, i tried it, its showing me on screen icon is going up and down, but brightnes won't work :D

hi, i tried it, its showing me on screen icon is going up and down, but brightnes won't work :D

That is common. With most laptops, the ACPI backlight methods in DSDT don't actually work. You might investigate what they do and see if you can debug them or otherwise replace them. It can be time consuming.

ok, ill try, thanks for your time anyway,

and i done my wifi to connect to wpa/wpa2 password finally, so beside backlight for display i have perfectly working asus g74sx at 10.9.4 with no freeze at all! bluettoth fwuploader kext for magic mouse working, so I'm happy to finally done it all, but i wanna do backlight too :) when i have it, i post it here, again, thanks for your time. i must post all kexts for people trying to do this :D

ok, ill try, thanks for your time anyway,

and i done my wifi to connect to wpa/wpa2 password finally, so beside backlight for display i have perfectly working asus g74sx at 10.9.4 with no freeze at all! bluettoth fwuploader kext for magic mouse working, so I'm happy to finally done it all, but i wanna do backlight too :) when i have it, i post it here, again, thanks for your time. i must post all kexts for people trying to do this :D

Hy there, I've been away for a while, (I'm currently working in France), well, I've everything working on my Asus G74Sx-371V except for the Backlight.
I'm currently on Yosemite 10.10.1, and I wold really like to see this problem solved. I've also keybord backlight working, but it starts always in the lowest level, not like in windows that it gets recorded the last state.
Well if know anything about backlight let me know please, also If you need any of the kext's I'm using I'll be glad to provide.
Good Hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back