Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Asus G74SX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)
Object not found ^^PCI0.IGPU._DOS

Please advise. Thanks.

Thanks, i installed this https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight and see the slider in SysPrefs --> Displays. However, slider does not work and no effect at all. Please kindly advise. Thanks.

You need the DSDT patches as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)
Object not found ^^PCI0.IGPU._DOS

Please advise. Thanks.

Post your DSDT. It is possible your GFX0 device is not in DSDT but rather SSDT.

Are you certain your laptop has HD3000 graphics (eg. switched with the nvidia)?

From the DSDT it does not appear so.

My Graphic is Nvidia GTX 560M, 3GB RAM, my profile also stated it. Please guide me. Thanks

My Graphic is Nvidia GTX 560M, 3GB RAM, my profile also stated it. Please guide me. Thanks

The DSDT patch is only applicable to Intel HD graphics.

You could try just installing ACPIBacklight.kext and see if your OEM methods for brightness work. I'm assuming you have QE/CI and proper drivers loading for your nvidia.

Otherwise, I do not know how to fix brightness issues with nvidia as I don't have the hardware.

Thanks, i will keep looking around.

Hi!

I have a similar ASUS G74SX with i7 2670QM 2.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB.

I have the same issue, when I try to start the installer from the USB, the loading screen appears but after a while (~10 sec) the screen goes black and nothing happens.

I'm quite a noob in this Hackintosh thing. I've tried PCIRootUID=0 but that doesn't help. I also modified to GraphicsEnabled=Yes but nothing changed.

Please help me,
sz4b0lcs

Hi!

I have a similar ASUS G74SX with i7 2670QM 2.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB.

I have the same issue, when I try to start the installer from the USB, the loading screen appears but after a while (~10 sec) the screen goes black and nothing happens.

I'm quite a noob in this Hackintosh thing. I've tried PCIRootUID=0 but that doesn't help. I also modified to GraphicsEnabled=Yes but nothing changed.

Please help me,
sz4b0lcs

I would not expect GraphicsEnabled to do anything as it is not a valid flag. GraphicsEnabler on the other hand... (and for your 560M you probably want GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

I would not expect GraphicsEnabled to do anything as it is not a valid flag. GraphicsEnabler on the other hand... (and for your 560M you probably want GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

Sorry, it was a typo in my post. I used it as GraphicsEnabler=Yes. What could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back