Contribute
Register

Mavericks on AsRock z77 Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cesarson124,

I thank you for posting your info for everyone to use. It seems that everyone who used your advice has had great success, I on the other hand am having issues with audio.

I never flashed the BIOS with the patched file, and now I am on the latest version so I am not sure if I can even downgrade?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yayy I feel so loved lol :lol: But I believed I downgraded from 2.10 to the patched 1.90 but I'm honestly not too sure. I'll check my BIOS version to see if I downgraded.

EDIT: Apparently I have 2.10, so I probably did the patching myself back in the ML days. If everything is working for you such as Sleep, Speedstep, video, and sound. I wouldn't bother with it than.

EDIT 2: I've just noticed that you said that your sound wasn't working lol, I would just do a clean install of Mavericks and install the ALC892 kext from Multibeast. Sound works fine even without the BIOS patch so I have a feeling something is screwing around with your AppleHDA kext in S/L/E. If it still doesn't work even after the clean install, I would just ultimately buy a cheap $2 USB sound card as they work natively with OS X (even after software updates).

Hey, I am curious to know if you ever had a chance to install Yosemite on your machine?

Can I assume that it would be the same or similar to the Mavericks install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back