Contribute
Register

Mavericks on AsRock z77 Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cesarson124,

you're a genius. Mavericks finally works, I have sound for the first time, I have a dual monitor setup, I have my PCIe graphics working right out of the Box. Important was the SMBIOS iMac 14,2.

Furthermore, my Intel HD4000 was the part of my computer which actually created all the problems. I have used Single User mode to rename and move all AppleIntelHD* Kexts to AppleIntelHDF* into a BackUp folder. It seems like the HD4000 was dominant over the ATI HD5770.

I will now test the system, it's still early days to say everything works flawless, but at least it booted twice in a row, without any boot flags :)

Thanks, I will make a Guide on how to install this thing.

Thanks again,

I will report back, have a look here, if you're interested.

Haha, no problem :headbang: When I had that issue, it was a pain in the ass to figure out what it was :banghead: But I can almost guarantee that your system will be stable since mine has been so good to me :D Have you tested out sleep mode yet? Because mine works perfectly.

Hi, I've the same Asrock z77 pro3.
I've installed alc 892 with multibeast and the system recognizes the audio chip.
But all I have is silence. There's no way to have any sound output (I tried every audio exit on the mavericks audio panel).

Any help? Could you post your audio kext?

Hey, I am glad to hear everything works for you. I myself just bought an AsRock Z77 Pro3 because it had to replace my dying Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 that has served me so well since back in the Snow Leopard days!

But alas I am at a hurdle with this new motherboard. I'm not sure which bios to flash it to, or what bios settings it will need afterwards. Everything else as far as the Mavericks install is concerned, I can just piece together myself through the posts I've read.

So at the very minimal sense, you can just do that portion of the tutorial and I can do the full write-up as I go with pictures and possibly video. My rig is all housed in an old Power Mac G5 case so it will be a real Mac Pro!

Thanks

I have installed 1.90 hackintosh patch. But I think that it should work also with his normal bios.
For the settings I have disabled firewire and other small things that I don't use.
I have enabled ethernet, audio, usb3.

Also the audio works, I made a mistake: I haven't plug in the right jack. That's why there were no sound
:p

Basically you have to follow the guide here, same bios settings as usual in a hackintosh (sata mode ahci, etc...) and you'll have no problem.

For Mavericks install I have also to plug a video card (ati 3570) because with integrated intel HD4000 (disabled in bios settings) it won't start the install procedure

I have an i7 3770k, 2x8Gb hyperX black, crucial m4 120gb, gtx660 on a asrock z77 pro3, I could get everything to work but the sound card, it is a real pain to get the sound to work. I will try this guide tomorrow, and see if it will work on a fresh install.

I can install the Mavericks on with my graphic card enabled, so on my first reboot I need to do it on safe mode, after i patch the kext my next reboot (using the unibeast on usb) works fine. But when I try to use Toledo guide I get stuck and I get the Bluetooth error.

I have an i7 3770k, 2x8Gb hyperX black, crucial m4 120gb, gtx660 on a asrock z77 pro3, I could get everything to work but the sound card, it is a real pain to get the sound to work. I will try this guide tomorrow, and see if it will work on a fresh install.

I can install the Mavericks on with my graphic card enabled, so on my first reboot I need to do it on safe mode, after i patch the kext my next reboot (using the unibeast on usb) works fine. But when I try to use Toledo guide I get stuck and I get the Bluetooth error.

I couldn't wait until tomorrow to test it, I did a refresh install, and installed all the drivers using multibeast and the kexts from nvidia, also i deleted all the intel HD**** files, and everything is working now, even the audio. The only thing is that I have to use the audio ports on the back of the mobo.

Thanx for the guide and help Cesarson124

Anyone know how do I enable front panel mic and audio ports? It work on windows, but when I try it on mavericks, I have nothing, so every time I want to use it I have to plug it at the backpanel jacks.

Hi all. I have a similar system setup except I have an older Zotac GTX 460 1 GB GPU. I recall having issues getting it to show graphics on screen. Also to note I have two displays connected. Could that be the problem? I was able to ==INSTALL== with the two displays attached, and that, when I got the boot flags to reach the installer (-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes) allowed the install to go as planned. I can get into the installed system past the Chimera boot screen ONLY with -x.

I've also tried playing around with the PCIRootUID parameter, but that's not wielded any successful results.

The last idea I have is to completely format and just install Mtn Lion, and then upgrade it to Mavericks, but if I was able to get Mavs installed without having to do that, I'd rather keep it that way.

Can anyone help? Is this thread too old to be cared about? lol

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have no idea if I have a patched UEFI BIOS, as I'm afraid to do it since the last time I did I bricked a motherboard, and I'd rather not spend upwards of $100+ to get another. I can't afford that.

EDIT 2: I LOVE YOU Cesarson124 (no homo)! I followed your MB settings to the SMBIOS dot and I have a fully functioning system! I made sure that it could boot sequentially many times in a row to test for false positives (luck) and it WORKS EVERY TIME! OMG I'm so excited. I know this wasn't your doing, but I ended up getting the patched 1.90 BIOS and I installed it. Seems the MSI board that died on me on midreboot somehow shorted out, but this Asrock board took it in the face without any problem! THANK YOU! xDD Now upgrading to 10.9.3....

Cesarson124,

I thank you for posting your info for everyone to use. It seems that everyone who used your advice has had great success, I on the other hand am having issues with audio.

I never flashed the BIOS with the patched file, and now I am on the latest version so I am not sure if I can even downgrade?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back