Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to get surround sound via Optical with the ALC1150 on Mavericks 10.9.4?

I have an Asus Z97-DELUXE and a DTS compatible audio system (Logitech Z906) and I can't get DTS passthrough to work...

I am using Clover and used the cloverALC method (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC)
I modified the config.plist correctly according to the note for series 9 motherboards.

Sound is working, all outputs are working. But when playing a DTS source in MPlayerX or XBMC, it doesn't send digital audio.

Before getting my new computer, I had a ALC888, using the AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast, and patched according to the customisation guide in order to enable passthrough even in VLC and it worked (on Mavericks)

But with ALC1150, I can't get it to work. The source is DTS, the receiver is DTS compatible (there is a "DECODE" led that lights up when it is working properly). In MPlayerX I checked the DTS/AC3 passthrough checkboxes and all I hear is static when playing a DTS source...

I read that there is no "patch" to make ALC1150 digital audio work with VLC but it should be working at least in MPlayerX, right?

EDIT: just to make sure, I tested in Windows and my sound system correctly receives and decodes DTS so it really is a software problem

Off topic.
With the correct setup, yes. Mavericks: Surround Sound [Guide]

I read this already, I posted here because it seemed to be the audio troubleshooting thread. Should I move my question in that other thread?

Anyway I tried to install the AppleHDA from Multibeast, all inputs/outputs work but still no digital audio...

No evidence of that; it says VLC digital audio does not work. It also describes the exact parameters for MPlayerX digital audio.
Off topic.
I did read it and it explicitly says in Player test results that with Optical 5.1, VLC works. This may be a mistake though, considering that I read the opposite everywhere else. But I was hoping.

Anyway, I posted in the other thread to avoid filling this one with off-topic messages.

Mavericks 10.9.4
i5-3570K, GA-Z77X-UD5H F16mod11

Installed 898 using Multibeast 6.4.2. Not working. :(

Not working.
No troubleshooting, no idea.
Posts to this thread must include the information requested in IV. Problem Reporting. Any post without attachments may be removed without warning.

No troubleshooting, no idea.
Posts to this thread must include the information requested in IV. Problem Reporting. Any post without attachments may be removed without warning.

Thanks and sorry for that. Anyway, strange thing happened. Sound started working by itself some one hour into boot up - some crackling and voila, works. Strange.

No attachments, no idea.
There are attachments. Can you at least point me in the right direction so I can learn how to get the information that you are requesting in IV. Problem Reporting?

Hello
I have problem with sound and i would appreciate some help.

OSX : 10.9.4
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-G43 (G3), i5 2500K,
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO,
ALC997

I have 'no output devices found' problem.

I used multibeast 6.4.2, selected noDST, ALC887 Legacy (tried for current as well), installed HDAEnabler1,

Best regards
Piotr

Attachments

• Troubleshooting info.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back