Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

ahhhhhh!!! it works. thank you so much for your help.

it went back to my bios and reset it then change back to my old setting and the speedsteps just works!
i attached the log here.

once again , thank you
:D

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 212
Is your 1866 memory on the AVL for your motherboard?

Close, but not exactly.

G.Skills X series - F3-1866C9Q-32GXM (on QVL)
G.Skills Z series - F3-1866C9Q-32GZH (mine)

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H QVL

EDIT - And despite the exact module P/N number not being on the list, the same G.Skills Z series rated @ 2133MHz speed is.

RAM running @ 1866 MHz breaks XCPM mode. I've tested three different sets of modules.

Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 @ 1600 MHz - PM Yes
Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 @ 1866 MHz - PM No

G.Skill F3-1866C9Q-32GZH @ 1600 MHz - PM Yes
G.Skill F3-1866C9Q-32GZH @ 1866 MHz - PM No

Crucial Ballistix BLT2KIT8G3D1869DT1TX0 @ 1600 MHz - PM Yes
Crucial Ballistix BLT2KIT8G3D1869DT1TX0 @ 1866 MHz - PM No

Regardless of what speed the RAM is rated, anything above 1600 MHz breaks proper PM. IPG displays frequency getting stuck between 3.0-3.9. Everything is set up in OS X properly as shown in attachments in previous posts.

EDIT - This post is no longer valid. See this post here for the resolution.

1. Problem is I can't seem to get Overclocking to work. My target is 4.2GHz which this system has been running in Legacy mode for over 2 years. I installed the SSDT.aml yesterday with a system definition of MacMini5,1. This gave me OC of 4200 and PM but my video failed (could not play video and system froze after being up for 5+ minutes. I changed the system definition to iMac12,2 and restored stability and ability to play video. But while I'm pretty sure PM is installed and working I can't get to 4.2G in OC. I have reset the BIOS several times.

One more thing I used the following to generate the SSDT: "./ssdtPRgen.sh -turbo 4200 -t 75 -w 3"

2. OSx 10.9.2, GA_Z68X-UD3H-B3, BIOS version F12, Optimized defaults loaded in BIOS, i5-2750K processor (Sandy-Bridge i5 K), GTX650 1GB graphics card. My signature shows another Hachintosh, which I won't mess with until I get this one working.

3. Followed your procedure #1 to the letter (I believe)

4,5,6,7 are all attached in the ZIP file

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for all the great work.

tecemac

Attachments

• PM_Mavericks_tecemac.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
ahhhhhh!!! it works. thank you so much for your help.

it went back to my bios and reset it then change back to my old setting and the speedsteps just works!
i attached the log here.

once again , thank you
:D

Can I ask what was the final issue that you fixed to get speedsteps to overclock? Or are you not overclocking?

1. Problem is I can't seem to get Overclocking to work. My target is 4.2GHz which this system has been running in Legacy mode for over 2 years. I installed the SSDT.aml yesterday with a system definition of MacMini5,1. This gave me OC of 4200 and PM but my video failed (could not play video and system froze after being up for 5+ minutes. I changed the system definition to iMac12,2 and restored stability and ability to play video. But while I'm pretty sure PM is installed and working I can't get to 4.2G in OC. I have reset the BIOS several times.

One more thing I used the following to generate the SSDT: "./ssdtPRgen.sh -turbo 4200 -t 75 -w 3"

Is it that simple that one still has to Overclock in the BIOS?

I did that and now see 4.2 in the Intel Gadget. And I see it in the /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI" output.

I started this effort thinking that since one specifies the Overclock frequency in the ssdt, that it was controlling the Overclock too.

Please confirm that I now have the correct approach, i.e. BIOS Overclocking continues.

tecemac

Console/Search: XCPM

1. Code:
    kernel[0] XCPM: registered
    kernel[0] IOPPF: XCPM mode

Toleda. I currently run 10.9.2, symbios Macmini6,2, with dsdt and ssdt with power management as instructed here. All CPU and GPU P-states are present in AICPUPMI, but only with IOPPF: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement mode. No-one else on this thread seems to have achieved XCPM mode with a i5-3570k processor either.

I have tried adding -x 1 to ssdtPRGen.sh without success. However I have been able to switch XCPM mode on by using the boot flag -xcpm with similar P-states and the Console confirming this with an XCPM search. If correct, I would like to add this to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, perhaps as a kernel flag, but have not found one that works. Can you advise?

Yes. The ssdt must have every power state the BIOS will allow.

Thanks toleda.

Nothing is simple though.

Sleep and wake are working BUT now when I wake the Network, RealTek 8119, Cable Connected to Verizon Router, always wakes in Disconnected Mode. System Preferences -> Network -> Assist Me doesn't fix it. Only a restart of the OS fixes it.

Damn, so, so close. Using version 0.90 of this Driver from latest Multibeast for Mavericks.

Back