Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JOEBAHOOVY6 said:
So far so good... The only problem I seem to have is I can't write to the NEW LION Partition, I have to authenticate just to move a file. ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS

JB6 :banghead:

Have you tried Disk Utility -> Repair Permissions?

powerpcg5 said:
JOEBAHOOVY6 said:
So far so good... The only problem I seem to have is I can't write to the NEW LION Partition, I have to authenticate just to move a file. ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS

JB6 :banghead:

Have you tried Disk Utility -> Repair Permissions?

Yes To no avail! Seems like something Post Install That I missed. I can INSTALL APPS and software, Just can't Write to the Drive... Weird

Why dont you redownload the update and reinstall it again.

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

cybergeek20212021 said:
I'm getting a kernel panic on boot. In the background it says a lot about IOUSBDevice and com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite(4.5.8). I've tried unplugging all USB devices, including the internal card reader, aside from a generic HID compliant USB keyboard. Safe boot doesn't work.

same as me, try to restore the com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite from backup but can anyone tell me where is this file ?

Update:
after replace new installed IOUSBFamily.kext with old one, system can boot now, but use mouse didn't work. any idea?

so my hackintosh has been dead since 10.7.2, except I can boot into my old 10.6.8 install on another partition with the recovery CD from here... any chance I can boot to the old install, point the 10.7.3 installer to the non-working 10.7.2 install and fix the somehow borked install that way?

I just got my machine running for the first time.
I'm a n00b to Hackintoshes...

Anyway, I reinstalled the audio driver and everything seems fine.

My only problem now is a persistent but not consistent freeze at the login screen.

Schweighart said:
shibirian said:
Schweighart said:
10.7.3Combo Update And Multibeast 4,8GHz
I have a extrañe issue and cant find the solution with spotlight top bar, like process crashing and rebooting, and when I type 1 character all icons, date and spotlight from top bar disapear I´ve tried lots of solutions but finally, I had to add system disk to private, so I cant search this drive.
Please use Onyx from my signature below, to clean and rebuild your Hack thoroughly and reboot twice and see if the problem persists.
Thanks, But I´ve cleaned and repaired everything whith onix and Disk Utility and the problem Persist, SystemUIServices Reboots If Lion Disc is Indexed
Thanks for the help.
That usually only happens when you have bad RAM! o_O

Otherwise the indexing service runs just fine.

Okay, try some 'cough' Internet-sources for Disk Warrior and check your filesystem! That could also be a reason, even while being rather unlikely.

For testing your RAM and general performance you can also use Prime95 to check for errors...

Asus P5Q SE Plus upgraded successfully using the combo update, I applied the AppleHDA rollback after the installation and before rebooting.

Dell Inspiron 580 tower.

Used 10.7.3 combo update and MultiBeast 4.2.1 with EasyBeast, System Utilities, and HDAenabler 887b/888. Works fine.

MultiBeast 4.2.1 inserted Kernel Flags npci=0x2000 darkwake=0. Removed this string for normal boot sequence, instead of continuous spinning sprite at Apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back