Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New install Lion 10.7
and combo 10.7.3 (11d50b)

and Update Multibeast Lion

No QE CI patch with ati 4890
i'm waiting (nektas ;) for patch 10.7.3 QE CI

Long life to Tonymacx86 Team...
DwL6cpjFDSg2YqpPb4ELwLOgd0oWjPzTjQbC_9gocuSUA39SPPFvlZHN_B-yX_XBGJrCNQ=s135

Loaded the 10.7.3 update with no problems.

System Configuration:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4-B3 i7-2600 w/8GB RAM
XFX 6870 w/dual monitors
Currently running AppleHDA Rollback and Realtek 2.0.6 LAN drivers
Using tonymac DSDT

Procedure:
Install 10.7.3 combo update
Do Not Reboot
Run Multibeast 4.3.1 from the desktop
select System Utilities
select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback
Reboot

Thanks to all for a great resource, especially tonymac and macman.

Hasn't Apple suspended 10.7.3? Anyway, they are probably going to revise it.

zeltacom said:
Hasn't Apple suspended 10.7.3? Anyway, they are probably going to revise it.

This is the release from Apple:

http://itsalltech.com/2012/02/04/apple- ... ng-issues/

Earlier this week, Apple released the third maintenance update, OS X 10.7.3, for its Mac OS X Lion operating system. The update addresses several bugs that have been plaguing users since the launch of Lion last summer, and also adds support for new languages. The update, however, did not go as smoothly for some users, who have been reporting of "CUI" errors and applications crashing.

In response to the massive user feedback, Apple has elected to remove the "Delta" updater to OS X 10.7.3 all together, leaving users only with the option of using the combined installer to update. The only difference between the delta and combined installers is that the combined installer includes all maintenance updates to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.1, 10.7.2, and 10.7.3), while the delta one includes only the latest version (10.7.3). In turn, the file size of the combined installer is significantly larger.

1. Backed up 10.7.2 drive with CCC
2. Downloaded and Ran 10.7.3 Combo updater
3. Ran Multibeast 4.2.1: System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback
4. Reboot
5. Run Software Update

All is well!

I've updated to 10.7.3 using the combo updater.
Things seem all right so far.

But, I am using an SSD (Intel 320 series), and would like to know if I need to re-apply the TRIM Enabler.
How does one know whether or not you'd need to reapply this?

Post 10.7.3 install, reboot, no audio. Ran AppleHDA rollback. Sleep works, but as usual, will not sleep by itself. Using PleaseSleep app to resolve. Good to know my GA-G31M-ES2L rev 1.x Mobo is still running hassle free for almost 3 years!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Broadcom Bluetooth dongle still works paired with Magic Trackpad.

Updated my CustoMac build #1/Mini build (see hardware details in my sig below). Went without a hitch and it's working great! My procedure as follows:

1. Used Software Update to update to 10.7.3 (plus also processed update to iTunes & Airport at the same time).
2. Reboot. Only noticeable "oops" was no on-board audio. But I knew that might be a possibility....SO:
3. Ran MultiBeast with the following options: System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, and TRIM fix (I have SSD).
4. Reboot

Now all is right with the world! Next weekend: update DAW machine :)

--B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back