Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I upgraded my other hack, which has the Asus P5Q SE Plus motherboard. No issues with sound, the only problem was the (by now) familiar iCloud issue, which was solved by installing Chimera (using Multibeast Lion Edition).

First time updating to 10.7.2 I got a kennel panic on my patched AICPUPM.kext
Second try used another version of AICPUPM and all went fine. Only needed to install audio rollback. I also had to change my serial to get iCloud working.
If I now got an generated serial that is also used on another mac, that person can not use iCoud?

Updated and audio ok with rollback, but iCLOUD and FACETIME STILL DON'T WORK!!!
Tried with Chimera 1.5.4, new serial with chameleon wizard (verified on apple site)but no luck, repaired permission act etc...no way!
Any ideas?
BTW My system is running on revodrive x2, and in org.chameleon.Boot.plist I added <Key>SkipFTFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Levithan said:
Hi

is it necessary to backup and restore my old AppleRTC (SleepFix) before updating?

Thanks

Back is always usefull. I reccommend you to back it up. If any issues occur install it back. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Seems to work as directed. No real issues here

Using Chimera v1.5.4 r1394
Kexts migrated and Using KernalCache

Updated via SoftwareUpdate.
Rollback AppleHDA - audio works.
iCloud works.

dksparky said:
Sorry for the small bump :oops:

As i wrote in the top of page 20.

Anyone who knows what the difference is between:
the new: NVDAGF100Hal.kext version 7.12.9
and the old: NVDAGF100Hal.kext 7.10.8

Is the 7.12.9 a performance boost? Anyone who can run their nvidia 5xx series cards with the new one? How did you mange to get it working?

I got less performance from 7.10.8 than I did from 7.9.?, about 10fps in cinebench with a GTX570.
I haven't managed to get 7.12.9 to work at all, whenever I try to edit it, multibeast says the kext is installed incorrectly.

Levithan said:
Hi

is it necessary to backup and restore my old AppleRTC (SleepFix) before updating?

Thanks

No need to; same 1.4 version.

khanhlm181091 said:
Great news for those who is having the issue with the ApplePolicyControl.kext. I've worked around this problem for whole day and i finally have a cure for it.
But first thing is that you need another working OSX (10.6 or 10.7) on another disk. If you have one, boot into it, run the 10.7.2 combo upd, change destination to osx Lion disk that you want to update, wait for it's done.
After that go to the S/L/E on osx Lion disk, find AppleGraphicsControl.kext drag it to the desktop. On the desktop, right click on AGC.kext show package contents, go to Plugin and delete the ApplePolicyControl.kext. Drag Drop it back to S/L/E, repair permission and boot back to yours Lion. And now you can enjoy iCloud.

Credit to AppleFan91 in insanelymac forum

Thanks! Or, we can just simply remove this AppleGraphicsControl.kext after update (before reboot), and start with -f flag to rebuild caches. Everything works then.

Btw, any thoughts on what this AppleGraphicsControl.kext do? It's new to 10.7.2...

for all the users having problems dual video cards / efi string, read page 26 on this thread:

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 69&page=26

I have dual 8800GT that always worked before, but broke in 10.7.2, the fix is easy once you know what to do.

The trick is to modify your EFI string. Remove this for both cards:

<key>name</key>
<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

and change the device_type for the first card to:

<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

and the second card:

<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,Child</string>

(this is only needed once per card, leave the "@0,device_type" style keys alone, only change the "pure" device_type.)

For me this did the trick. It took me 6 hours to find it, but the fix itself was 2min work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back