Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
beland said:
Mak 1 said:
-Removed all EFI Strings from boot.plist
-Installed NVEnabler.kext (found in http://www.kexts.com/view/984-nvenabler.kext.html)

thanks. it's by now the only way that worked fine for me to enable second monitor with xfx GeForce GTS250 1Gb under 10.7.2 ('ve used efi string since the early SnowLeo till 10.7.2 with no issues)

:thumbup: Yes EFI string was the easiest way to enable GPU acceleration, but it is gone on 10.7.2. NVEnabler works fine as well, no problems here.

I had an error on re-applying Audio using Multibeast 4.0.2 when I ran it before reboot. When I rebooted I had no audio device listed. I ran Multibeast again and installed successfully with no errors - voila - audio!

iCloud seems to work fine as well

Hmm.. After doing this update and using the new driver, i get about 10FPS less in cinebench.
I didn't originally use an ApplePowerManagement edit when I did my old bench, but it would seem the drivers are worse :S
Weird..

Old Dell Precision M65 - took the update without any issues whatsoever - video is as good as it ever was, sound didn't drop, all devices present and working

Sorry for the small bump :oops:

As i wrote in the top of page 20.

Anyone who knows what the difference is between:
the new: NVDAGF100Hal.kext version 7.12.9
and the old: NVDAGF100Hal.kext 7.10.8

Is the 7.12.9 a performance boost? Anyone who can run their nvidia 5xx series cards with the new one? How did you mange to get it working?

not sure if its been mentioned or not... but for ATI 5770 users (maybe others as well), but the new ATI drivers now allow for triple head support. To get it working, you need to use the HDMI, the bottom DVI and an ACTIVE display port converter (mine was to DVI). Using a normal display port cord didn't work, it had to be one of the active variety.

No problem with the update, had an error on applying Audio rollback using Multibeast 4.0.2, but after reboot I had the audio working. the only problem is with iPhotos that does not work at all, any suggestion will be appreciated.

updated with combo update now i can boot hdmi with sound.

I had no problem with the update, but I tried to apply the audio rollback from Multibeast, and it doesn't even detect any input/output devices. :cry:

Hi

is it necessary to backup and restore my old AppleRTC (SleepFix) before updating?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back