Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the same issue. I have a DELL Studio 1558 with below config:
Intel Core i5-520M 2.40GHz (2.93Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive
Dell Wireless 1520 802.11n Half Mini Card

Updated the 10.6.8 combo and ran Multibeast. But it's not booting from hard drive. Not even booting using iBoot.

Getting stuck after this message:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:StartForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)) Timed out

I also tried installing Nullcpupowermanagement, but no luck.. Please help!!

Hi everyone... Its been a few months since I was on the board, so many things have happened. My hackintosh was dormant for a few months, and now that I have finally moved, it is alive and working like a champ.

But time has passed and updates have come and gone, LION is out and now up to 10.7.2!

My hackintosh is at version 10.6.6. What do you guys think I should do, upgrade to 10.6.8 and then do the LION jump, or will I be ok just diving right in and doing the LION install?

Hope everyone is doing great!

rafacq said:
Hi everyone... Its been a few months since I was on the board, so many things have happened. My hackintosh was dormant for a few months, and now that I have finally moved, it is alive and working like a champ.

But time has passed and updates have come and gone, LION is out and now up to 10.7.2!

My hackintosh is at version 10.6.6. What do you guys think I should do, upgrade to 10.6.8 and then do the LION jump, or will I be ok just diving right in and doing the LION install?

Hope everyone is doing great!

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can just jump into lion with out the upgrade first..

rafacq said:
Well I decided to update from 10.6.6 to 10.6.8 first. Purchased Lion but the current download is 10.7.2. Waiting patiently as it seems going from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2 is not a good idea.

Why is it not a good idea?

HoochShepherd said:
rafacq said:
Well I decided to update from 10.6.6 to 10.6.8 first. Purchased Lion but the current download is 10.7.2. Waiting patiently as it seems going from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2 is not a good idea.

Because of all the posts of people with problems and unsuccessful results. Seems no one can provide instruction to a good update. There is no guide addressing 10.6.8 to 10.7.2.

rafacq said:
HoochShepherd said:
rafacq said:

Because of all the posts of people with problems and unsuccessful results. Seems no one can provide instruction to a good update. There is no guide addressing 10.6.8 to 10.7.2.

I followed the instructions Tony setup below and updated just fine from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2 the day it came out. I wasn't convinced to update to Lion until that day. The only issue I ran into was not having Chimera installed prior to Step 4. Other than that, it worked like a charm from start to finish for me.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html

Update 10.6.8 Forces Restart

After installing 10.6 on my laptop i try to update 10.6.8, but it forces me to restart. Does anyone know how to possibly fix this.

I have a Intel i5 M450 with integrated graphics.

Re: Update 10.6.8 Forces Restart

spenc said:
After installing 10.6 on my laptop i try to update 10.6.8, but it forces me to restart. Does anyone know how to possibly fix this.

After installing 10.6.?? I assume using a retail disk so 10.6.3. You should do it incrementally. 10.6.3----->10.6.6---->10.6.8
Are you just installing or are you installing multibeast afterwards? etc.

Re: Update 10.6.8 Forces Restart

HoochShepherd said:
spenc said:

After installing 10.6.?? I assume using a retail disk so 10.6.3. You should do it incrementally. 10.6.3----->10.6.6---->10.6.8
Are you just installing or are you installing multibeast afterwards? etc.

I will try that. I am using a retail disk. I successfully installed 10.6 and was going to install the update and then install multibeast but i'm forced to restart my computer after the update has finished. It locks out the keyboard and mouse and says to hold the power button to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back