Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system restarted before I could run multibeast. Now it just stays at the mac white screen. I get the following KP when trying to load snow leopard or iboot:
Unable to find driver for this platform. ...\iokit\kernel\IOPlatformexpert.cpp:1389

I can't get in via safe mode.
I have double check bios for AHCI and 64 bit, I have removed extra memory, I have removed USB card. I have tried another drive that my father in law sent me that was imaged for my motherboard. Still no go.
There must be something still off in the bios or ?? Please assist, any thoughts?

I recently had the same problem but my computer crashed right after the update. Try to boot from the iBoot cd and run MultiBeast, If you cant or if you have an older pc keyboard and mouse, hook them up as USB might not work. I had to use my other HD to boot, and then added the kext's to the original hd's extra folder. MultiBeast will only work on the currently booted volume. Good Luck

Is their a sensitivity to the keyboard and mouse? If so then could my KVM switch be contributing to my issue? I will try connecting my usb mouse and keyboard directly to the computer.
worth a shot.

Installed the update 10.6.8 and it just hangs at the apple logo screen (no spinny at bottom).
What gives? :(

-x does the same

PNY 9800 GT , i5 2.67 , p7p55d evo mobo

Could you guys help me. I installed Mac Os X 10.6 fine ran the update to 10.6.8 when it gets to moving files in place it crashes with the kernal error. I've also reformatted the company installed snow leopard run the sandybridge updater and then tried the update but still the same, can anyone help?

Any help would be greatly appriciated as I need a mac for an upcoming job.

Cheers

loganforand said:
Could you guys help me. I installed Mac Os X 10.6 fine ran the update to 10.6.8 when it gets to moving files in place it crashes with the kernal error. I've also reformatted the company installed snow leopard run the sandybridge updater and then tried the update but still the same, can anyone help?

Any help would be greatly appriciated as I need a mac for an upcoming job.

Cheers

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Good luck

Hi oldpig, I believe I tried this before and it still crashed when moving files into place. Could it be my hardware? I really hope not, because I do miss leopard and need FCP for a job.

I managed to update to 10.6.8 from 10.6.3 retail dvd+iboot installation with the guide.
My spec is
i5 2500
Asus P8P67 LE B3
Mushkin ddr3 1333 4gb
WD 320 HDD
Nvidia 9800GT

QE/CI is working, Ethernet working, audio not working
What i did was:
1. ran updatehelper
2. reboot with iBoot
3. Ran multibeast - Easybeast
4. Reboot with hdd
5. Managed to boot into os with qe/ci
6. Ran multibeast - realtek8xxx(ethernet)
7. Reboot with hdd - manage to boot with qe/ci + ethernet

But the current problem i'm facing is when i try to open system preferences, it just hangs,
the window did not even pop up. Safari hangs too with the spinning logo when i try to open any page. iTunes hangs too, unable to play any songs.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me on this issue. Thanks!

HELP!!!! I'm stuck on 10.6.7! My system is: Cool Master 341 case; GeForce 9500GT graphics board 1024MB; 8Gb RAM; 1TB HDD. I've been running 10.6.7 but want to update to 10.6.8. When I finished my original build, I used Super Duper to create a bootable disc image of my working drive, which I can boot up and run just fine and is my test drive. As noted on the site, I boot up in the test drive, download the complete 10.6.8 update from the Apple site then run the update. When I reboot, it makes it as far as the gray Apple screen and never gets past that. What am I doing wrong?

Total Noob - Need help.

Installed 10.6.8 combo update on hackintosh.

Now, when booting, apple appears then Kernel Panic, something in there about apple.intel.cpu.powermanagement

How can i fix this? or roll back / uninstall etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back