Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Waffle I will have a look this weekend and boot it in verbose and see whats taking so long :)

I had been using an old version of multibeast so after I upgraded just it I couldnt get it to boot anymore so I did all of them

Just installed, no issues here, all is OK!
used the system update function... wanted to try :p

Font rendering issue with Mac OSX 10.6.7

Dear All,

Just receive a notification by one of our software vendor.

Dear Customer,

We want to inform you about an important font issue that came up after upgrading to MacOSX 10.6.7.

After upgrading to Mac OSX 10.6.7., some users are encountering font rendering issues with many different OpenType fonts. This problem affects a number of applications on Mac, including all versions of [censored].

Currently Apple is working to provide a permanent solution for Mac OSX 10.6.7+. But at this point the only permanent solution is to downgrade to Mac OSX 10.6.6. You can find the installer at Apple's support site: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1349.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support

Not sure if this problem also appears in any of your builds.

Just finished Software Update; all is well :thumbup: .

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 11.51.45 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 11.51.45 PM.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 220
I updated using System Update. No issues. Everything's working correctly.

I have 10.6.6 installed on my Toshiba Qosmio and on my Cutom Build Core i7 PC With 12 GB of RAM and Nvidia Cards in both, using only the Retail Install Disc for 10.6.6 and iBoot.

They updated using the Apple Updater with no problems at all. Once the update was done, it just asked to restart the computer so I did. All is working well with my Hackintosh 10.6.7 Update. :D

Hi,
I just loaded 10.7, and get immediate kernel panic with the following message: version mismatch between kernel and cpu pm"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.37/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:707
Any help will be appreciated.
Thx

Edit: I got it to boot again, but SleepEnabler no longer works. Any clues???
Thanks

Hey guys, I updated from 10.6.5 to 10.6.7, there was almost no problems, except now it thinks I only have a Core 2 Solo, not a Core 2 Duo, so the machine feels alot slower, and I can't really do more then one thing at a time. Anyone else have a problem similar?

I originally installed on os 10.6.6, and it was mildly stable. I was getting spontaneous kernel panics which i could not isolate. I reluctantly did the software update, and updated all my software, including 10.6.7, and so far it's been more stable than before (been playing with it for about 3 hours now and A-OK).

I am on gigabyte p35-ds3L, 6 gb RAM, intel core2duo e6600 (3.2 ghz OC), Gigabyte GTX 460 1 GB.

Bambalazs said:
RobbieTobbie said:
Hello,

I did a very stupid thing installing the Update via Software-Update (just forgot it´s not my little mac mini any more...).
Tried to reboot but now the little startup wheel spins endlessly.
After giving me the whipping I deserved I tried booting with -x -v and -graphicsenabler=no but still I can´t get into the system.

On the screen it shows

ATY_Init: Starting (which is funny since I deleted it after changing from easybeast to userdsdt!)
HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32764-bit by Taruga

These messages keep reaccuring after a while.

Is there any chance for me to reenter the system or do I have to reinstall completely?

Thanks for tips, suggestions or suitable reminders not to be stupid
RobbieTobbie

Is there

I had the same endless startup. I started up without GraphicsEnabler and i saved every important file, preferences (for example keychain files) etc., and then i had to install 10.6.7 to a clear system. Now this new system works like dream, but i have to reinstall every apps and set everything back to normal. I learned about from this: always clone your disk before every update.

Hello Bambalazs,
I am also experiencing the endless startup spinning wheel at the apple boot screen after updating to 10.6.7 from 10.6.0 (Fresh Install).
May I know what is the option you use in the Multibeast?
Greatly appreciate if you could assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back