Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I update to 10.6.7, i have gf 9600 card everything working with it ex-aspect the boot to main apple screen with out the iboot cd.

I'm using Sapphire ATI 5750 VaporX and everything is working fine (kernel 64bit) doing
10.6.7 Combo Update + 0x68BE1002 on info.plist of ATI5000Controller.kext + kextUtility
:wave:

Anyone experiencing problems after install? Since I ran the update and ran Multibeast everything seemed to be working fine... but now sometimes after starting up my dock does not reappear unless i click in the area and the system pull down menus do not highlight when I rollover them, also have to click to get into submenus... Safari is constantly telling me it can't connect to the server...and I have to keep reloading pages. I've never had that before...

so i run multibeast system utils and restart but it continues to happen...

Graphics card = Gigabyte ATI HD5750
Upgraded from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7 (Combo Update) then input
- Graphic card ID 0x68BE1002 into ATI5000Controller.kext

then with the following options using Multibeast 3.4
- 64bit Apple Boot Screen
- Chameleon ATI Experimental bootloader

System running "happily" with HDMI connected to Samsung 32" Full HD LCD TV @ 1920 x 1080 resolution. :D

Hey guys !

I have a big problem after updating to 10.6.7

System :

I5 760
Gigabyte H55M usb3
Asus 8400 GS

My System worked out of the box with the previous version of osx, but after software update my keyboard and mouse didnt work.

So i booted using iboot and mouse and keyboard worked again after running multibeast and checking the usb options it even worked without iboot.

But the problem is, that my 8400GS is not working like it did before updating osx.

I cant change resolution, monitor is not detected correctly and its only recognised like this:

Typ: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16
VRAM (gesamt): 32 MB
Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Geräte-ID: 0x06e4
Versions-ID: 0x00a1
Monitore:
Monitor:
Auflösung: 1280 x 800
Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)
Hauptmonitor: Ja
Synchronisierung: Aus
Eingeschaltet: Ja

I tried the NV enabler option in multibeast, but still the same problem....

I ve read from other users in this topic, with same motherboard an gfx card, that had no problems after updating ..

I would be realy thankfull if anyone can help me solve my problem with the asus 8400gs !!

best regards

Managed to update but had kernel panic on re-start.
Booted up in safe mode then deleted sleepenable kext.
All fine after that.

wheels said:
Hey guys !

I have a big problem after updating to 10.6.7

System :

I5 760
Gigabyte H55M usb3
Asus 8400 GS

My System worked out of the box with the previous version of osx, but after software update my keyboard and mouse didnt work.

So i booted using iboot and mouse and keyboard worked again after running multibeast and checking the usb options it even worked without iboot.

But the problem is, that my 8400GS is not working like it did before updating osx.

I cant change resolution, monitor is not detected correctly and its only recognised like this:

Typ: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16
VRAM (gesamt): 32 MB
Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Geräte-ID: 0x06e4
Versions-ID: 0x00a1
Monitore:
Monitor:
Auflösung: 1280 x 800
Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)
Hauptmonitor: Ja
Synchronisierung: Aus
Eingeschaltet: Ja

I tried the NV enabler option in multibeast, but still the same problem....

I ve read from other users in this topic, with same motherboard an gfx card, that had no problems after updating ..

I would be realy thankfull if anyone can help me solve my problem with the asus 8400gs !!

best regards

Have a read through this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12646&start=50

It's quite straight forward.
I had exactly the same problem but managed to sort it.

change apple.boot to <string>arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1</string>
Get graphics card device id from 'About This Mac'... My id was 06e4.
Go to
System/Library/Extensions NVDANV50Hal.kext/contents/ info.plist
Duplicated an id string from the list.
id string should look something like this: 0x06e410de&amp;0xffe0ffff
change the id to match your card. (Bold characters not necessary)
then repair permissions with the latest mulitbeast.
Let me know how you get on.
Good luck.

Successful 10.6.7 update with my rig (asus p7p55d-e pro) after a slight scare... very glad i got my backup drive bootable before attempting! Got a kernel panic initially, but it was just the ol' sleepenabler.kext giving me trouble... booted the backup, grabbed the 10.6.7 sleepenabler.kext from google code and swapped em out with no issues. back to baseline!

Updated via software updates, then reinstalled nvidia fermi drivers (nVidia 460 GTX), no problems by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back