Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I redid the multibeast again from the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R V2 install guide, now my boot time has gone from 9 seconds to about 25 seconds :(

the good news is it fixed the sound problem, anyone have any ideas? before I ran multibeast to fix the sound it booted way faster ! what to look for to solve it???

ok so I redid the multibeast again from the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R V2 install guide, now my boot time has gone from 9 seconds to about 25 seconds

the good news is it fixed the sound problem, anyone have any ideas? before I ran multibeast to fix the sound it booted way faster ! what to look for to solve it???

What is your Multibeast configuration? Which kexts have you enabled?

I didn't have any problems with sound. If you had any problems with sound I believe you were supposed to just reinstall AppleHDA Rollback.

My Multibeast configuration is as follows:

UserDSDT Install
System Utilities
Realtek ALC8xxHDA
64-bit Apple Boot Screen

moshymoshy said:
MACdaddyXXX said:
Downloaded the 10.6.7 and installed when reboot I get kernel panic something about CPU mismatch ? Any ideas ?

It's probably Sleepenabler as usual.... :crazy:

I'm new here so can you explain how i can update without getting this problem ?

waffle head said:
ok so I redid the multibeast again from the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R V2 install guide, now my boot time has gone from 9 seconds to about 25 seconds

What is your Multibeast configuration? Which kexts have you enabled?

I didn't have any problems with sound. If you had any problems with sound I believe you were supposed to just reinstall AppleHDA Rollback.

My Multibeast configuration is as follows:

UserDSDT Install
System Utilities
Realtek ALC8xxHDA
64-bit Apple Boot Screen

I did everything from this post viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465, is there some way to see which ones are loading and to disable them ? I remember seeing a post on that somewhere but of course now that I need it I am not finding it. I suspect its loading a kext thats hanging or maybe its confused like me or something :)

I was scared cause everything was working fine with 10.6.6, but I had to do it :rolleyes:

So, I did a backup before, just in case, and then preformed a software update. Apparently every thing is perfect without additional work. :clap:

From 4 months successful 10.6.5 install using DSDT, nvidia update.

- software update. Did not restart when prompted.
- ran nvidia update
- restart

Now I've lost dual monitors.

I reinstalled the nvidia update and restarted again- dual monitors return!

Cinebench pretty much as before- OpenGL: 22.65, cpu: 5.43- I wasn't expecting an improvement but at least it's one quick indicator of a successful update.

Where and what kexts(or whatever- I'm pretty noob) indicate a successful nvidia update? and/or is there any other way? So far I'm just trusting that if Cinebench recognized the gts 450, then SL does.

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question. My mouse stopped working after an upgrade. Now, I want to install multibeast using keyboard but I'm unable to get the focus to the button. Does anyone know how to do that simple thing?

Thanks in advance,

Etienne

just boot from the iBoot CD and redo multibeast should fix it

I did everything from this post viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465, is there some way to see which ones are loading and to disable them ? I remember seeing a post on that somewhere but of course now that I need it I am not finding it. I suspect its loading a kext thats hanging or maybe its confused like me or something

I believe you can see which kexts are enabled by going to 'About This Mac' then 'More Info...' then click on Extensions under Software in the left-hand column in System Profiler. You also need to look in Extra/Extensions.

Also check the kernel log in System Profiler to see what's going on at boot.

But I think all you need to do is reinstall the stuff you actually need in Multibeast and select 'System Utilities'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back