Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
after installing 10.6.6 for a couple of weeks i got no problems...last week i encounter this problem

first...it takes less than a minute to booth from my OS...now i takes 5 minutes to reach the desktop icons...strange..anyone got this problem also? i did re run the new multibeast...and still i got the same problem in booting...takes ages...no problem in chamelon..its only right after the chamelon..

Hi,

I have had no problems with the update whatsoever. All it put on mine was the App Store. I also found some updates to a few iLife apps.

No problems here outside of the USB fix. =( Dang thing made me angry, luckily I had a boodcd that somehow would load the proper usb drivers. =)

Haha... I didn't realize that my previous post was actually offending this forum's rule. Hope that the information I posted before didn't gave trouble to any body in this forum.

Sorry for that. :angel:

Installed Osx 10.6.6 succesfully on Intel Pentium 4 P945PVS with Nvidia GTS 250 with

- iboot legacy + osx 10.6.3
- updated to 10.6.6
- installed legacy kernel
- installed fakesmc 3.1/ chameleon rc 5 700/ voodooHDA/ IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector/ AppleRTL8169Ethernet

everything works peferctly

Hi Folks,

After one year of great service with 10.6.2 (initial install 15/01/2010) I plunged and updated to 10.6.6 using the combo update downloaded from the apple site.
All went well except for the sound that was missing.
  • Applied Apple HDA Roll back: didn't work
    Applied the other option for ALC8ccHDA: worked!
    I had the usual orange icon problem: fixed it with the storageinjector stuff

Well, all seems good, sleep and all the other stuff working nicely, plus the Mac App store.

No sweat!

Cheers, Chris

I built my rig back in Aug 2010, with an Asus P5Q SE Plus motherboard, Q9550 CPU, 8GB RAM and a GE Force 9500 GT video card. It was very solid on 10.6.5, the uptime was in fact almost two months before applying the 10.6.6 update.

Since the 10.6.6 update I'm seeing periodic (once a day on the average) crashes, where you get the gray screen that asks you to reboot.

I did run MultiBeast after applying the 10.6.6 update, applied the USB rollback, rebooted, it came back fine, but it has been unstable ever since the update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Downloaded and installed fully functioning zero issues. App store is fun. Nova bench is a free little bench mark tester.

10.6.6 updated without any major issues although I have one problem. The Mac App Store login comes back with the error No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm lost. Is this related to the disk partitions (all mine are GUID) or a software identifier that is missing from my setup? Do I need the latest Multi-Beast install (I'm on the previous version)?

It's not the end of the world since my MacBook Pro is my main machine. It's more a pain in the butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back