Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated from 10.6.5 via Software Update and all good. Everything working and recognised.

Mobo:GA-965P-DS3 CPU: E6600

bazz.

Ran the combo update and then ran Multibeast to rollback the audio and every thing works great.

Gigabyte P55m-UD2
Intel Core i5 750
PNY Quadro NVS290

Installed from Software Update just fine. System rebooted just fine. Yeah!!!

Intel DP55KG
ATI 5870

On my H55n usb3 everything works fine evene after update.....I searched the sleepenabler kext but I didn't found anything in any folder maybe because I used dsdt.aml file from this site.

In the end Everything run smoothly except for the sleep function that is not working anymore and I don't know how to recover the problem...any help?

Thx in advance

Everything is ok , out of login step with blue screen or change resolution the same , above 10.6.4 is working so well ! any solution for this problem :(

updated to 10.6.6 via SU. everything works fine except i lost my full graphics acceleration. need to re-install nvidia graphics driver.

jpa said:
EtHANBB said:
frnic said:
No joy here yet. I am not sure what this means: "Make sure you have a Mac Pro System Definition installed from MultiBeast, or it will not let you install. "

I selected MacPro 3,1 in Multibeast install and System Profile shows it as a MacPro 3 now, memory and CPU correct, it recognizes my nVidia 450 but, I am stuck at 1250x800 and no other options - I can't reinstall the nVidia drivers (fermi) - either Tonymac supplied or nVidia supplied, it tells me I can't install them to this version of the OS, so I guess I will limp along until the updated nVidia installer is available.

Any suggestions on how to use the old installer?

Frank

mount fermi drivers DMG file, right click on PKG > open package content, look at subfolders, there are three pkg files (if I remember correctlly: graphic driver, display driver and open gl driver) install all three PKGs and restart. At least it worked for me :)

P.S.: On my install over Software update was everything ok, I just had to reinstall fermi drivers like I wrote above. I will try app store tomorrow and report here

bye :)

official drivers?

mmm
offical is new driver?
new Retail_256.01.00f03v5
old Retail_256.01.00f03

updated?

this method worked for me too. got my 1080p resolution back! thanks!

1. Updated via SU from 10.6.4
2. Broken audio
3. Installed Audio Rollback via MultiBeast, reboot.
4. All good in the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back