Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kev7554 said:
My wife went ahead and updated this morning without asking me and now when it told her to reboot it gets to the apple logo and just sits there. I built this machine about a year ago and have done none of the updates and everything worked fine. My question is do I need to completely redo the whole thing or is there some things I can try to fix it.

I7 processor and a p55m-ud2 motherboard.
Thanks

Use iBoot to boot, then install your Multibeast configuration again.

EtHANBB said:
frnic said:
No joy here yet. I am not sure what this means: "Make sure you have a Mac Pro System Definition installed from MultiBeast, or it will not let you install. "

I selected MacPro 3,1 in Multibeast install and System Profile shows it as a MacPro 3 now, memory and CPU correct, it recognizes my nVidia 450 but, I am stuck at 1250x800 and no other options - I can't reinstall the nVidia drivers (fermi) - either Tonymac supplied or nVidia supplied, it tells me I can't install them to this version of the OS, so I guess I will limp along until the updated nVidia installer is available.

Any suggestions on how to use the old installer?

Frank

mount fermi drivers DMG file, right click on PKG > open package content, look at subfolders, there are three pkg files (if I remember correctlly: graphic driver, display driver and open gl driver) install all three PKGs and restart. At least it worked for me :)

P.S.: On my install over Software update was everything ok, I just had to reinstall fermi drivers like I wrote above. I will try app store tomorrow and report here

bye :)

official drivers?

mmm
offical is new driver?
new Retail_256.01.00f03v5
old Retail_256.01.00f03

updated?

Updated ASUS P7P55 LX by software update with no problem!

I used 1st version of fermi drivers. I didn't even known that there's a version 5 :lol:
Are there any improvements in performance?

Burninator said:
kev7554 said:
My wife went ahead and updated this morning without asking me and now when it told her to reboot it gets to the apple logo and just sits there. I built this machine about a year ago and have done none of the updates and everything worked fine. My question is do I need to completely redo the whole thing or is there some things I can try to fix it.

I7 processor and a p55m-ud2 motherboard.
Thanks

Use iBoot to boot, then install your Multibeast configuration again.

Good call.

Also, to note on your earlier comment, only the combo update will replace the AppleHDA, not the update in software update going from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6.

Hi,

I updated both of my systems using Software Update. Everything I've tested so far works including audio and USB.

Ran System update..
When asked to reboot, said Yes.

Strangely it went to a black screen and the only thing that displayed was a flickering underscore. Gave the machine a cold boot and booted successfully.

Audio/USB seems to be fine.

The only thing i'm noticing is that the Chrome or Safari browser seems to be lagging.
Any ideas here?

Thanks.

vizx86 said:
Ran System update..
When asked to reboot, said Yes.

Strangely it went to a black screen and the only thing that displayed was a flickering underscore. Gave the machine a cold boot and booted successfully.

Audio/USB seems to be fine.

The only thing i'm noticing is that the Chrome or Safari browser seems to be lagging.
Any ideas here?

Thanks.

Is it only lagging on this website? That's a problem with this site that has been recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back