Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all friendly helpers out there, iv'e read tons of your work and you are all very helpful, which I hope will apply to me as well right now in times of need.

Im having trouble getting my graphics card to work properly with my new hackintosh (Im pretty new in the hackintosh scene). What Im struggling with is that Mavericks doesn't seems to be able to set the correct acceleration (and all that gibberish ). It does however recognize the graphic card itself which is a relief.

I have tried dussins of different boot-settings (primarily combinations between GraphicsEnabler and IGPlatformID) but somehow I cannot get my VRAM to increase to the correct value (which is what I know to look at, I guess there more advantages to come like resolutions for example).

Something tells me that its no use for me to try out more boot-options and that the issue rather is somewhere in the drivers of my system. However since Im fairly new at this I don't really know how these Kexts-files works so if we narrow it down to a Kext issue I would appreciate some clarity on that subject before I go mess around with my own clumsy hands

Systeminformation reports the following of my Graphiccard (freehanded translated to english. More system information down below):

Intel HD Graphics 4600:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type: Graphicprocessor
Buss: Built in
VRAM (totalt): 3 MB
Manufacturer: Intel (0x8086)
Unit-ID: 0x0412
Revision-ID: 0x0006
Info on additions to the core: No kext loaded
Monitors:
Monitor:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixeldeph: 32 bit color (ARGB8888)
Main Monitor: Yes
Video mirroring: Off
Connected: Yes

My Setup:
Processor 3,49 GHz Intel Core i3 (i3-4340, Haswell)
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Integrated Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 3 MB
OS OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>IGPlatformID</key>
        <string>0D220003</string>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Legacy Logo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>

</plist>

My MultiBeast configuration (Messed around with the Boot.plist after installing according to these so don't judge the Boot Options too much ):
Code:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.0.1123
Drivers > Network > Atheros > ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Drivers > Network > Intel AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 12,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 White

I hope that I've covered all the variables you would need to know to kindly help me, but if I've forgot anything, please let me know and Ill provide you with more.

Many thanks, Marcus

Hello all friendly helpers out there, iv'e read tons of your work and you are all very helpful, which I hope will apply to me as well right now in times of need.

Im having trouble getting my graphics card to work properly with my new hackintosh (Im pretty new in the hackintosh scene). What Im struggling with is that Mavericks doesn't seems to be able to set the correct acceleration (and all that gibberish ). It does however recognize the graphic card itself which is a relief.

I have tried dussins of different boot-settings (primarily combinations between GraphicsEnabler and IGPlatformID) but somehow I cannot get my VRAM to increase to the correct value (which is what I know to look at, I guess there more advantages to come like resolutions for example).

Something tells me that its no use for me to try out more boot-options and that the issue rather is somewhere in the drivers of my system. However since Im fairly new at this I don't really know how these Kexts-files works so if we narrow it down to a Kext issue I would appreciate some clarity on that subject before I go mess around with my own clumsy hands

Systeminformation reports the following of my Graphiccard (freehanded translated to english. More system information down below):

Intel HD Graphics 4600:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type: Graphicprocessor
Buss: Built in
VRAM (totalt): 3 MB
Manufacturer: Intel (0x8086)
Unit-ID: 0x0412
Revision-ID: 0x0006
Info on additions to the core: No kext loaded
Monitors:
Monitor:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixeldeph: 32 bit color (ARGB8888)
Main Monitor: Yes
Video mirroring: Off
Connected: Yes

My Setup:
Processor 3,49 GHz Intel Core i3 (i3-4340, Haswell)
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Integrated Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 3 MB
OS OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>IGPlatformID</key>
        <string>0D220003</string>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Legacy Logo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>

</plist>

My MultiBeast configuration (Messed around with the Boot.plist after installing according to these so don't judge the Boot Options too much ):
Code:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.0.1123
Drivers > Network > Atheros > ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Drivers > Network > Intel AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 12,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 White

I hope that I've covered all the variables you would need to know to kindly help me, but if I've forgot anything, please let me know and Ill provide you with more.

Many thanks, Marcus

Try with one or the other IGPEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=Yes, not both. IGPlatformID=0D220003 is the default -- you could also try different ones. Also, iMac12,2 (Sandy Bridge) is incorrect. Try iMac14,2 (Haswell).

Make sure you're using a digital connection to your monitor and that IGPU memory is set to 64MB in BIOS.

Try with one or the other IGPEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=Yes, not both. IGPlatformID=0D220003 is the default -- you could also try different ones. Also, iMac12,2 (Sandy Bridge) is incorrect. Try iMac14,2 (Haswell).

Make sure you're using a digital connection to your monitor and that IGPU memory is set to 64MB in BIOS.

Hi and thanks,
I've now set my IGPU mem in BIOS to 64MB (was 256 i believe) and changed to iMac14,2. Together with this I've tried the following IGPID's (according to http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html).
Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04060000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04120004[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04160000 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04160002 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04260000 [/COLOR][I]Chimera HD 5000 Default
0A160000 
0A260000 
0A260005 [I]MacBook Air Platform ID
0A260006 
0A260008 
0A2E0008 
0C060000 
0C160000
0C260000 
0D220003 [I]Chimera HD 4600 Default 
0D260000
0D260007 [/I][/I][/I]

Unfortionatly none of them works, some of them help identify my HD4600, some of them dont.

Hi and thanks,
I've now set my IGPU mem in BIOS to 64MB (was 256 i believe) and changed to iMac14,2. Together with this I've tried the following IGPID's (according to http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html).
Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04060000[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04120004[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04160000 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04160002 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]04260000 [/COLOR][I]Chimera HD 5000 Default
0A160000 
0A260000 
0A260005 [I]MacBook Air Platform ID
0A260006 
0A260008 
0A2E0008 
0C060000 
0C160000
0C260000 
0D220003 [I]Chimera HD 4600 Default 
0D260000
0D260007 [/I][/I][/I]

Unfortionatly none of them works, some of them help identify my HD4600, some of them dont.

Are you using a digital connection to your monitor.

Are you using a digital connection to your monitor.

Yep. Im using HDMI to my TV. However I don't have it connected when Im doing the changes (Im changing them remote). I only have it connected when doing changes in bios. Apparently it makes no difference, since Im having the same issue when its connected.. :/

Yep. Im using HDMI to my TV. However I don't have it connected when Im doing the changes (Im changing them remote). I only have it connected when doing changes in bios. Apparently it makes no difference, since Im having the same issue when its connected.. :/

Boot verbose (-v) to troubleshoot.

Hi,

I have a similar problem, with i3-4330 (HD4600).
With IGPlatformID, sometimes it doesn't boot at all, sometimes it boots with low VRAM, and sometimes I get a blank screen (blank screen with default value, no kext loaded for 04160002).
I read somewhere that the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext from 10.9.1 might solve our problem (I will try this today, and I'll let you know)

Maybe something will work for you in this thread (unfortunately it didn't for me) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/131109-hd4600-haswell-10-9-2-black-screen-problem.html

I hope we'll finally make it work!

Finally, I made it!

Here's the solution : Azul kext from 10.9.1, use Kext Wizard to install it to /System/Library/Extensions.

IntelAzulFB=10 with Chameleon worked for me, so I guess one of the IGPlatformID with Chimera should work.

View attachment 91697

I tried that, hoping it would magically work with my HD 4600/i3-4330/ASRock H85M-HDS setup, but now I'm getting stuck here, no matter what boot arguments I try to use:
Pkc2IYi.jpg

Update: Repaired permissions and now my display goes blank after it goes through the regular boot lines. This is what everything was originally doing after a fresh install, so nothing has changed on my end.

I tried that, hoping it would magically work with my HD 4600/i3-4330/ASRock H85M-HDS setup, but now I'm getting stuck here, no matter what boot arguments I try to use:
Pkc2IYi.jpg

Update: Repaired permissions and now my display goes blank after it goes through the regular boot lines. This is what everything was originally doing after a fresh install, so nothing has changed on my end.

Were you ever able to get this fixed? I have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back