Contribute
Register

Looking for the Best and easier motherboard for Sierra and later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there no 1155 that support 64GB ?

and every motherboard is native ? I won't have problem while installing Sierra ?

No. Not every motherboard is Native. No 1155 motherboard supports anymore than 32GB. Most of the ITX boards only support up to 16GB also.

The 1155 do indeed max out at 32Gb. You could go matx and get 4 x 8Gb sticks of ram. In the case of itx, you could also try 2 x 16Gb sticks. The only ones available (DDR3) with 16Gb in a single stick is the ECC server type ram. It would of course operate in non-ECC mode, and there is no guarantee that every board would work with it as it rarely gets tested in that scenario, and also no guarantee that it would work with OSX.

The 1155 do indeed max out at 32Gb. You could go matx and get 4 x 8Gb sticks of ram. In the case of itx, you could also try 2 x 16Gb sticks. The only ones available (DDR3) with 16Gb in a single stick is the ECC server type ram. It would of course operate in non-ECC mode, and there is no guarantee that every board would work with it as it rarely gets tested in that scenario, and also no guarantee that it would work with OSX.

thank for you help :) can you give me one native motherboard with at least 32GB or RAM minimum and USB 2 and 3 work please ? :)

I try to build a mackintosh for a friend and he really need USB working.

thank for you help :) can you give me one native motherboard with at least 32GB or RAM minimum and USB 2 and 3 work please ? :)

I try to build a mackintosh for a friend and he really need USB working.

You need to make a start with the latest Buyers Guide. That will show you the current recommended hardware. Once you narrow down which boards are right for the budget, start researching them in the forums. All of the current ATX and mAtx boards with four slots will happily accept 32Gb ram, some will accept 64Gb. The newer ITX boards will take 32 Gb ram in 2 sticks, but isnt a cheap option.

If you are looking to build around an older board, you need to do your research carefully, make sure all your components will work, and then there is the issue of sourcing those parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back