Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z710 - i7 4700MQ - Mavericks 10.9.1 - DSDT/SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably don't have power management implemented correctly.

For power management and initial setup after a fresh install, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy, except you should use a Haswell-appropriate smbios and there is no need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

If you want me to look at what you have: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Attached you'll find my ioreg. And my smbios.plist, too. I thought that I've MacBookPro10,1 as system definition. But ioreg tells me that I use MacBookPro4,1...

Attachments

• Lenovo_Z710_IOReg.ioreg.zip
    382.1 KB · Views: 150
  • smbios.plist.zip
    535 bytes · Views: 133
Attached you'll find my ioreg. And my smbios.plist, too. I thought that I've MacBookPro10,1 as system definition. But ioreg tells me that I use MacBookPro4,1...

Your bootlog shows no smbios.plist loading. Check your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and check that smbios.plist is in /Extra. Make sure you didn't use a case-sensitive file system.

Review steps at power management link. You have 7 SSDTs loading from /Extra. Is one of those a generated SSDT? Are all of them appropriate?

Your bootlog shows no smbios.plist loading. Check your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and check that smbios.plist is in /Extra. Make sure you didn't use a case-sensitive file system.

Review steps at power management link. You have 7 SSDTs loading from /Extra. Is one of those a generated SSDT? Are all of them appropriate?

I removed these two elements from org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra</string>

<key>SSDT</key>
<string>/Extra</string>

Now DSDT is loaded. And I think SSDT, too. Now I use 6 SSDTs. Those I extracted with Ubuntu. One of the SSDTs is patched with GFX0 to IGPU und brightness for haswell.
Does the order and the numberation of the SSDT-files play an role?
Before I also used the SSDT which I generated with ssdtPRGen. This one is now no longer in Extra-folder.

Display sleep works fine, but complete sleep (by menu or by closing lid) still don't work.

I use now iMac14,2 as system definition. I also tried some others like MacBookPro10,1 and MacBookPro8,2. I can't see any differences to iMac14,2. With 14,2 I've the best benchmark. With the other definitons it's a little bit lower (about 10-15%).

What do you mean with "case-sensitive file system"?

Now I'll check my power management again...

I removed these two elements from org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra</string>

<key>SSDT</key>
<string>/Extra</string>

Now DSDT is loaded. And I think SSDT, too. Now I use 6 SSDTs. Those I extracted with Ubuntu. One of the SSDTs is patched with GFX0 to IGPU und brightness for haswell.
Does the order and the numberation of the SSDT-files play an role?
Before I also used the SSDT which I generated with ssdtPRGen. This one is now no longer in Extra-folder.

Display sleep works fine, but complete sleep (by menu or by closing lid) still don't work.

I use now iMac14,2 as system definition. I also tried some others like MacBookPro10,1 and MacBookPro8,2. I can't see any differences to iMac14,2. With 14,2 I've the best benchmark. With the other definitons it's a little bit lower (about 10-15%).

What do you mean with "case-sensitive file system"?

Now I'll check my power management again...

It is unlikely you want all those OEM SSDTs... Take a look through them to determine which are related to power management and eliminate those (as you'll be replacing them with a custom SSDT generated via ssdtPRgen.sh).

The naming of SSDTs does play a role. Chameleon loads SSDT.AML, SSDT-1...SSDT-x, *stopping when it does not find the file*.

By case-sensitive I mean that you made your main partition HFS+J not case sensitive.

As for sleep, focus only on Sleep via the Apple menu. LID trigger is a separate issue. Keep in mind there is a 20 sec delay in Mavericks...

For a haswell system, always use a haswell smbios.

It is unlikely you want all those OEM SSDTs... Take a look through them to determine which are related to power management and eliminate those (as you'll be replacing them with a custom SSDT generated via ssdtPRgen.sh).

The naming of SSDTs does play a role. Chameleon loads SSDT.AML, SSDT-1...SSDT-x, *stopping when it does not find the file*.

Do I understand right: I sould ELIMINATE those SSDT which are related to power management?
How can I determine these SSDTs? I try to search for "power". Maybe this is the key...

By case-sensitive I mean that you made your main partition HFS+J not case sensitive.

Ok, my main partition is formated in "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)". Is this a problem?

For a haswell system, always use a haswell smbios.

Where can I get a haswell smbios? In Chameleon Wizard there's just MacBookAir6,2 which is haswell. I'd use MacBookPro11,2 for example, if I'd know how to create it or if I'd know where I can get it...

Do I understand right: I sould ELIMINATE those SSDT which are related to power management?
How can I determine these SSDTs? I try to search for "power". Maybe this is the key...

You make an educated guess using your knowledge of ACPI: http://acpi.info/spec.htm.

Ok, my main partition is formated in "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)". Is this a problem?

As long as it is not case sensitive.

Where can I get a haswell smbios? In Chameleon Wizard there's just MacBookAir6,2 which is haswell. I'd use MacBookPro11,2 for example, if I'd know how to create it or if I'd know where I can get it...

MacBookPro11,2 must be made manually. You can get the information by using Clover Configurator (or google).

Vord,

Is your audio working now? If it does, what did you have to do? Thanks,

Dcard

dcard2000, sorry for answering late!

Vord,

Is your audio working now? If it does, what did you have to do? Thanks,

Dcard

Yes, my audio is working with VoodooHDA 2.8.4.

Could you manage "sleep by apple menu" or "sleep by closing lid"?

dcard2000, sorry for answering late!

Yes, my audio is working with VoodooHDA 2.8.4.

Could you manage "sleep by apple menu" or "sleep by closing lid"?

I was able to get the audio working with VoodooHDA as well. Sleeping is still problematic. I haven't bother with fixing it as I usually shuts down after using it.

Hello Vord,

as I read you have succesfully installed OSX on your Lenovo Z710. I have the same computer. Would you be so kind and send a step-by-step guide about the installation process?
Unfortunately I do not have MAC near me at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back